26 Products That'll Help You In More Ways Than One
With as many jobs as they do at once, these things are like the Justice League of helpful products.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A Revlon one-step hair dryer and volumizer hot air brush, which is one of the most versatile (and most popular) hair appliances on the internet. Instead of having to hold both a brush and a blow-dryer simultaneously to style your hair, you can now free up one of your hands for selfies — because the world deserves to see this thing in action.
Promising review: "I have very thick, wavy hair. I can never blow out my hair because it's too hard to hold the round brush and hair dryer in the right spots. THIS!! It is everything all in one and the oval shape makes it so easy to use. It gets really hot. It is a little loud on high, but I've found if my hair is already a little dry then I can just use it on low. I used a blow dry primer spray to accelerate the drying time and protect my hair. I'm in love! The flat iron always flattens my hair and makes it look dry. This straightens and retains the volume and gives it a soft, nondamaged look." —SAHM2011
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in four colors).
2. A grooming glove – it can be used wet or dry to remove excess hair from your furriest friend *and* give them endless belly rubs at the same time.
Promising review: "Fantastic dog grooming aid! Our older rescue dog isn't too keen on the routine dog brushing stuff but her thick coat really needs the grooming — this dog grooming glove is the exact right answer. Put the glove on, pet the dog, and all that loose hair comes away, leaving her coat feeling so much smoother and softer without causing her to be nervous or upset over a brushing. Highly recommend, and yes I'm going to be ordering as gifts for a couple of other dog owners I know!" —DSP
Get each glove from Amazon for $7.99 (available in both left-handed and right-handed versions).
3. A pool hammock that can be folded into four distinct positions, allowing you to either float and chill (like the backyard gods intended) or do some aquatic exercises.
Promising review: "I bought this float to take on vacation. It is compact so it took up very little room in my suitcase. It was easy to blow up. You can use it as a lounge chair or lie on your back or stomach. I highly recommend this as it makes pool time so much more fun and relaxing." —Chewbacca
Get it from Amazon for $33.09 (available in 18 styles).
4. A fitted sports and yoga tank with a padded bra that's as versatile as it is comfortable. You'll look just as good rocking this in the gym as you would wearing it to brunch with some high-waisted pants — but hopefully not on the same day.
There's also a similarly versatile plus size option available!
Promising review: "I now live in these tops. They are so versatile and an amazing quality. The yellow top is more of a 'baby poop green' but it’s actually still cute somehow. These are great to go from a bra to a workout top to a cute crop with an open jacket and not change all day!" —Marena VanOrden
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in sizes S—XXL and 19 colors)
5. A sweat-proof running belt that comes with a pouch to hold your phone, as well as a key and coins pouch and a sealed hole for your headphones (which will come in handy for those of you still in committed relationships with wires). It's basically a utility belt for athletes. You'll feel like Batman minus the repressed anger and billionaire privilege.
Promising review: "I used it to go running. I have a iPhone XR and it fits perfectly in it. The belt doesn’t get loose or bounce when you run or you work out. The best of all that is flat and lightweight. I recommend this product if you are looking for a pack that holds you keys and your phone."—Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $14.97 (available in six colors)
6. An Always Pan, which, besides having an incredibly sleek and aesthetically pleasing design, is the perfect pan for people in search of versatile cookware. It has a nonstick surface and vented top for sautéing, a mesh basket for steaming, and a high-quality spoon that hooks onto the handle.
Promising review: "I have and love this pan! It just feels really nice to hold. The nesting spoon is absolutely genius, everything cooks evenly, and food just glides right off with minimal effort. If you hate scrubbing, consider getting this!" —Rebecca O'Connell, BuzzFeed Staff
Our Place was founded by Shiza Shahid, along with Amir Tehrani and Zach Rosner. She's a Pakistani social entrepreneur who also co-founded the non-profit Malala Fund, which promotes education for young girls.
Get it from Our Place for $145 (available in four colors).
7. A baby mop onesie if there's no shame to your game and you're willing to turn your newborn into the world's cutest Swiffer. If you're going to spend money on something your child will grow out of in a year, you might as well get some clean floors out of it.
If my kid kept the floor clean just by crawling around I'd never teach them how to walk.
Get it from Amazon for $23.99+ (available in four sizes and three colors).
8. A sponge holder that’s also a soap dispenser — not only will this thing finally give your sponge a home (as opposed to leaving it stranded on the edge of the sink), but it'll also help you conserve soap if you tend to be a bit heavy-handed with the bottle. All you have to do is place the sponge on top of the holder and push it down once to get it nice and soapy.
Promising review: “I am using A LOT LESS of my Dawn dish detergent. I just press the sponge down and a smallish circle of detergent is deposited to the bottom of it. I then wet the sponge, and I can soap up several things at the same time. It is so quick and thorough.” —Mary J.
Get it from Amazon for $10.99 (available in three colors)
9. A combination sleep mask with wireless headphones so you can drift off to sleep to the soothing sounds of white noise, audiobooks, or relaxing music. It's designed to work for side sleepers and the inside is contoured with a cooling memory foam, so it's a way more comfortable and practical alternative to going to sleep with headphones on.
It takes about two hours to charge, with each charge offering 10 hours of continuous play time.
Promising review: "I love, love love this mask! I was truly impressed by the sound quality of those little speakers! Very comfortable to wear and sleep in various positions. It is a blackout mask and trust me if you have it on correctly, you will not see any light at all. I normally have difficulty falling asleep, but now I can't wait to put it on, because I Bluetooth it to my phone and turn on my sleep meditation and I promise you I am sleep in about 10 mins or less. I accidentally overslept last week because I forgot to turn my alarm back on and when I took off the mask the sun was shining bright so I knew I was late; thankfully not too late. The charge on the mask lasts a long time as well." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $24.97.
10. Luxurious velvet curtains if you've grown tired of the basic blinds that came with your apartment. Not only do these insulate heat, but they're also very effective at darkening rooms. Ya know, for all you vampires out there.
Promising review: "Purchased these for my studio, which is in an old mill. I wanted them for their insulating properties more than to block out the light because my studio loses a lot of heat at night due to its enormous windows. The curtains/drapes work great for both — I am especially pleased with how well they help keep the space from losing heat! Before having the curtains the space would lose about 8 degrees in temperature overnight (which in the winter is a significant amount, especially in the northeast). Now, with the curtains, the space no longer loses heat overnight! It is now so nice to go into my studio in the morning and find it still toasty warm!" —Noname
Get them from Amazon for $33.99+ a panel (available in four sizes and six colors).
11. An avocado slicer – it allows you to split the shell, remove the pit, and slice through that creamy green goodness basically all at once.
Promising review: "Avocado? Yes, Please! This tool is awesome. Easy to cut open the fruit. Pit remover works well, just push onto the pit and give it a twist, and the pit pops right out. The best part is the slicer. Makes beautiful slices for a great presentation. The tool can then be used to scrape any remaining fruit out of the skin. Really happy I bought this tool!" —NPR MAN
Get it from Amazon for $9.82.
12. A 5-in-1 unitool that works as a slotted spoon, a solid spoon, a spatula, a turner, and a cutting tool. It's basically a Swiss Army knife, except...ya know...it's not a knife.
This tool is made from nylon and heat-resistant up to 480 degrees. It's also dishwasher-safe.
Promising review: "Give it a cap and a costume, this is the only thing I need in the kitchen! I am often looking for tools that can replace the other 30 I have collected in my kitchen. I have used this to flip grilled cheese, stir red beans and rice, strain Brussels sprouts, and taste sauce. I use the flat edge to cut onions that were too large once in the pot and scrape the bottom of the pan. The uni-tool feels nice in my hand, has held up fine in multiple dishwashings, and has allowed me to toss a few kitchen tools that have become obsolete." —Hiawhatha
Get it from Amazon for $19.80.
13. A beard comb that doubles as a bottle opener to make sure that luxurious mane on your face is well groomed before cracking that IPA open before one of those awkward virtual happy hours — ya know, for optimal hipster coolness.
The best part about this is it's specifically designed to fit inside of a wallet, so you won't have to waste any extra space in your pockets.
Get it from Bespoke Post for $16.
14. And a Schick Silk Touch-Up Tool you can use to remove peach fuzz and shape your eyebrows. It also works to exfoliate dead skin, and people with beards can even use it to trim the hair near their edges with as much precision as possible.
15. A satin-lined beanie to keep your head warm *and* hair soft and safe from friction, because you shouldn't have to sacrifice one for the other.
16. An eyeliner stamp to help you create that matching wings look so many people struggle to capture. One side of this helpful little tool is a winged stamp, and the other side is a regular eyeliner pen. Give it a try and your coworkers will demand you give an impromptu beauty tutorial during your next Zoom meeting.
One side is a winged stamp and the other side is a regular eyeliner pen.
Promising review: "This product is amazing. Seriously. Not only does it make PERFECT wings, but I have pretty small eyes that squinch up when I smile, laugh, etc., which is super annoying because my eyeliner is always smudged. These pens though — not a sign of smudging at all. Buy it." —Tara Doyle Robinson
Get it from Amazon for $14.97.
17. A bottle of Mane Club 10-in-1 leave-in spray, which is so versatile professional hairstylists actually swear by it. This single product conditions, detangles, heat protects, prevents breakage, hydrates, smooths, softens, controls frizz, boosts shine, *and* strengthens. If you're still not convinced, you may need some sort of intervention.
Side note: this small business has been creating affordable hair-care products from NYC since 2019!
Promising review: "I’m a hairstylist, so I’ve tried just about every leave-in conditioner out there, and I was amazed at how soft my hair felt after one use. My curls were so happy! The smell is amazing too!! I will definitely be repurchasing." —Allison S.
Get it from Mane Club for $8.
18. An Ubarre weight — which is a weight that also functions as minimalistic home decor. A few at-home sessions with this thing and you'll suddenly realize how ugly every piece of equipment in the gym is.
Equipt is a woman-founded small business known for their pretty and functional exercise equipment. You'll find weighted bars, wrist weights, and more gear that'll help tone your body and look great in your workout space.
Promising review: "Ubarre is wild! It targets every area of your body. I have been using it daily and have had the best workout in seven years. I cannot believe how quickly it tones your body." —Ubarre Customer
Get it from Equipt for $129+ (available in two weights).
19. An electric egg cooker so simple you'll feel like it cooked your breakfast for you. It can make hard-boiled eggs, soft-boiled eggs, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, and even individual omelets.
Promising review: "I bought this egg cooker for the first time a year and a half ago, and it is awesome. I hate having a single-purpose appliance in my kitchen, but this is worth it. Making hard-boiled eggs was always hit-or-miss for me, even if it was timed perfectly. (I admit I forgot about the eggs more than once!) This cooker makes PERFECT eggs every single time, to the exact hardness I desire with no green ring on the yolk. Even better, the shell slides off without taking half the egg white with it! My favorite use is to pop some eggs in when I get home and prep a salad. By the time the salad is ready, the eggs are done. I can even leave the kitchen and still hear when they are done because of the buzzer. I've purchased five more of them for family for Christmas this year and can't wait to get everyone on board the Dash Go Egg Cooker train!" —A. M. Hinshaw
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in four colors).
20. A four-way brush cleaner that'll keep your shoes so fresh and so clean, Outkast might write a song about them. It has a welt surface for heavy scuffs, a nylon surface for light scuffs, an arched half circle for rounded corners, and protruding bristles for hard-to-reach nooks and crannies. Not only is this great for cleaning boots, shoes and sneakers, but it can also handle jackets, couches and pretty much anything else made of leather!
Promising review: "I was really sad when I thought my bucks were at the end of their road, because I had always heard that suede couldn't be cleaned. With this brush and a little elbow grease, my bucks are looking great again! I didn't use any water or cleaner, I just kept wiping the brush off on my jeans to keep the brush clean, then hit the shoe again with a clean surface. It even brightened the leather up a bit." —Roberto
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
21. A bottle of Bar Keepers Friend soft cleanser you can use to tackle messes of all kinds (and all ages) in the kitchen or bathroom. Cookware, sinks, showers, stovetops, countertops, rusty grills (!!!), dirty toilets — this thing can clean 'em all!
One reviewer said it even removed permanent marker! Also, read our full review of Barkeeper's Friend.
Promising review: "Bar Keepers Friend should really be called 'Homeowner's Magician!' I purchased this cleanser in an attempt to revive our stainless steel knife set, which is a great, moderately priced set that has seen better days, and I'm extremely happy that I did. The cleanser not only took away the rust spots with minimal difficulty, but it returned them to their original luster! After cleaning our knives, I gave it a shot on our porcelain sink, which I typically have to douse in bleach cleaner to remove the stains from, causing the entire kitchen to be filled with noxious fumes... and it worked beautifully! The stains came clean, and it made the sink look pretty enough to eat off of." —Kat Ferrari
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $13.99.
22. Or this equally as versatile organic Castile soap that can be used to clean anything from car windows to dirty laundry. The plant-based formula is so safe you can also use it on your kids' toys.
23. An Instant Pot so your houseguests will think you've mastered multiple appliances (when in reality you've only pushed a few buttons). This thing is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté pan, yogurt maker, and food warmer all in one.
Read our full review of the Instant Pot!
Promising review: "This is quite possibly the coolest, most versatile kitchen gadget I’ve ever owned. I love it so much that I’ve purchased two more for friends and relatives. What can it do? I think the real question is 'What can’t it do?' I truly believe you could replace every cooking appliance (including your oven and stove top) and do EVERYTHING in the Instant Pot. I purchased two sizes for my own use: the 3-quart (which is my almost-every-day workhorse for two person dishes) and the 8-quart (which I bring out to handle my dinner party dishes). Everything I’ve tried has been fabulous. In the realm of kitchen appliances, there is no better investment than the Instant Pot. Highly recommended!!!" —Stereoman
Get it from Amazon for $63.94+ (available in three sizes).
24. A Hoover automatic carpet cleaner to wash *and* vacuum that rug you spent way too much money on. With this baby, grime will be a thing of the past and you can go back to enjoying said overpriced rug in peace. (Can you tell I'm really upset about how much rugs cost? No one prepared me for this phase of adulthood.)
It cleans your carpet *as* you vacuum like you would regularly — push to wash and pull back to dry. It comes with a two-in-one pet tool, sample bottle of cleaning solution, an 8-foot hose, and an accessory storage bag.
Promising review: "This is the best carpet scrubber I’ve ever used, and I couldn’t be more pleased with the results. We have two dogs and a cat who all track in a lot of dirt, but it was no problem for this machine. The carpets look and feel new, and our carpet is old. The cleaner that came with the machine had a very subtle pleasant odor and it got the dirt out." —Lucy
Get it from Amazon for $198.
25. A tub of OxiClean stain remover that can clean both indoor *and* outdoor surfaces. Finally your neighbors will stop judging the condition of your walkway. Sure, inner-beauty is all that really matters in life — just not when it comes to having the freshest house on the block.
Not only does this work like magic on floors, but it can also be used to clean clothes and other fabrics!
Promising review: "This works so well as a stain remover and is so easy to use! Just throw it in the washer with laundry detergent and the stains disappear! As the mother of an infant son who is constantly spitting up, I couldn't be happier with the convenience and effectiveness of this product." —Lindsey Jebb
Get it from Amazon for $12.33.
26. A sarcastic cat card, which is one of Cure Root's many seed paper cards that can be planted and grown into a gift that a plant-lover will always remember you for. You'd be doing something kind for your loved one *and* the environment.
Promising review: "Last month my bestfriend sent me the most adorable birthday card, and when I received it she excitedly instructed me to scan the QR code on the back 'for a surprise.' This was when I learned that not only did she send me a card, but she sent me a card that I could plant and grow into my very own wildflower bouquet (!!!). I'm obsessed with plants but have a hard time keeping the ones I buy alive, so I was psyched to grow my very own and challenge myself to follow every step correctly and carefully. It's been a few weeks and I have the cutest sprouts poking through the soil in my windowsill flower pot. I'm anxious to watch these grow even more so it'll finally feel like springtime in my little apartment!" —Anna Kopsky
Get it from Cure Root for $5.25.