While I was scrolling through Quora last night, I saw a thread ask "What is something unrealistic that you often see in movies that annoys the hell out of you?" Some of these are such minuscule and easy-to-fix mistakes, that they actually annoy me. Here are the best answers:
1. "Explosions heard in space. There is no air in space! If something gets blown up, you can’t ‘hear’ it."
3. "Probably the worst of the 65,536 worst mistakes is 'Zoom! Enhance!' You start with a grainy frame from a security camera, and the suspect’s face takes up maybe a 10x20 pixel area of a much larger scene. The boss yells, 'Hold it there! Zoom and enhance!' Suddenly, that 10x20 blob becomes a fully detailed, easily recognizable face."
4. "When they wake up and start kissing, I cringe. No, people, no! Brush your teeth first. Morning breath is the worst!"
5. "I’m a personal trainer, and I regularly work with people on their grip and hand strength. Because of that, I get annoyed every time I see the 'hanging from a ledge' cliché in action films. The vast majority of people have trouble hanging from a pull-up bar for more than 30 seconds. And that’s a pull-up bar that is designed to fit well in the hand. Hanging from a ledge is a whole different story. Tom Cruise could NOT hang from a ledge with one hand. He’d slip off after about 10 seconds. And 10 seconds is being generous."
6. "Swords scraping out of scabbards. Nope, it's a good way to lose the lovingly honed edge before you've even used it."
8. "Ever notice the diet of most Hollywood film characters? Meat and vegetables. Yep, when there’s a dinner scene, it’s normally meat and string beans. Dry, no gravy. (I know it’s for logistical reasons, but just once, it would be nice to see them eating a messy burrito, taco, curry or spare ribs.)"