We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us a premonition they had that came true, and the responses have me seriously reeling and going, "Oh my god!"
1. "One night, I had a very vivid dream about my grandmother standing on a hill, surrounded with warm, bright light, while Vince Gill's song, 'Go Rest High On That Mountain' emanated from somewhere. When I woke up, the time on the clock was 3:12 A.M..."
2. "When I was seven years old, my family and I were vacationing in Hawaii and planning to drive to Hana on a Thursday. However, my parents changed their minds and wanted to go on Wednesday instead. I immediately freaked out, knowing something bad would happen, and demanded that we stick with the Thursday plan. But my parents didn't listen. We went on Wednesday...and we got into a head-on collision that almost killed the passengers in the other car."
"My dad almost lost his leg, my brother had to have emergency intestinal surgery, and that car accident — even though it’s been 12 years — can be linked as the cause for every event in my life since."
3. "I was crashing at a friend's place when I had an eerily vivid dream that someone was chasing me with a knife. I woke up in a panic and yelled to my friend, 'Someone near me is going to die!' My friend just told me to go back to sleep, but I spent the next few days warning my family and friends all over the country. Nothing bad had happened by the second day, so I started to think it was a false alarm..."
4. "A few years ago, I was having lunch with my sister and our guy friend. I went to the bathroom, and when I came back, I said to our friend, 'I can't believe your wife is pregnant again! I thought you guys didn't want any more kids!' I swore we had just been having that conversation, but they looked at me like I was insane..."
"About a week later, he texted me saying his wife just found out she was pregnant. And that's the story of how I predicted a pregnancy. It was quite spooky!"
5. "I was walking home on a stormy night and when I reached a certain tree, I had a gut feeling, 'Some branches are going to fall off this one.' So I accelerated my steps, and nanoseconds afterwards a huge branch about the length of a car and girth of a human thigh crashed on the path only a few steps behind me. I'm certain it would have killed or severely injured me."
6. "When I was a child, I once had a dream that I was kidnapped by two men in a store, and they kept me hidden in their room. A few months later, I saw those exact men at the grocery store, and I told my mom about my dream. She thought maybe I'd just seen them somewhere else before. They were on the news later for having kidnapped a little girl."
7. "Two days before Christmas 2016, my friends and I were discussing which famous person we thought would die next. My friend mentioned someone, and I responded, 'Nah — it'll be George Michael.' Two days later, I saw on the news that George Michael had died."
8. "When I was in high school, I had a dream one night that I was walking down the stairs talking to my friends, and when I pushed open the door at the bottom, I hit another student in the face with it. Well, the next day my friends and I were walking down the exact same stairs I had dreamt about, and when I pushed the door open I HIT THE SAME KID I HAD DREAMT ABOUT HITTING IN THE FACE WITH THE DOOR!"
"Sorry Dylan — it was meant to be!"
9. "The night before my grandfather died, I had a dream that I was in a funeral home talking to him while he sat in a coffin. We chatted for a while, and then he told me to call my mother. So the next morning, I did... and she told me the news."
10. "I once had a dream that my friend had to go to the mechanic but that her bill was wrong. In the dream, they'd charged her $900 when the job was supposed to cost $101. The next day when she went to the mechanic, her bill was exactly $101."
11. "I was on the boardwalk at the beach with a friend, and she was texting on her phone. Well, for some reason, I thought, 'What if a bird just took a shit directly on her phone screen?' Not even five seconds later, a bird shat on her phone screen."
12. "I was in third grade when my parents wanted to get pizza for dinner one night. Right before we left the house, a bird flew in and we had to chase it out, and I knew something didn't feel right. So I begged my parents for us not to go..."
"Well, we went anyway, and on the way we were rear-ended hard, causing a huge pile-up on the freeway. My sister's car seat had come unlatched somehow, and in the exact fraction of a second we got hit I grabbed her seat and held on tight, spraining both of my wrists but saving her from flying forward. From that point on, I always went with my gut."