1. The boat races are your favorite days of the year.
2. You Instagram a picture of the sunset at least once a month.
3. You graduated with the same people you started Pre-K with.
4. You’ve raged at the McDonalds on the corner of Bee Ridge and US 41.
There was truly no better after party.
5. You know pretty much everyone your age.
And subsequently, it can get ugly.
6. Nothing will ever compare to SunniBunni.
7. You’ve gotten your ID taken at Beach Club.
8. Sarasota Square Mall was the place to be in middle school.
9. You participated in crew.
10. Cotillion was actually pretty fun.
Even if it was just a reason to get all dressed up.
11. You’ve chilled with hippies at drum circle.
12. Half of your wardrobe is from Shore.
And you were pleasantly surprised when they opened a restaurant on the top floor.
13. Tourists are your worst enemy.
14. With the exception of snowbirds, of course.
15. You’ve blacked out on Siesta Key Beach.
16. And at Turkey Trot.
17. Anddddd again at Santa Stumble.
18. You lived no more than twenty minutes from the beach.
19. Either you or one of your friends was very “privileged.”
20. You’ve seen multiple tourists take pictures in front of this statue making “the pose.”
21. You’ve celeb watched every time the Sarasota Film Festival came to town.
Who could forget the Gerard Butler spotting of 2013?
22. You feel slightly obligated to brag about having some of the best beaches in the world.
23. First Fridays at Lakewood Ranch Main Street were the best place to watch old people get wasted.
24. You went to one of Brian Thomas’ high school raves.
25. You’ve seen enough beach weddings to last a lifetime.
How are you supposed to tan with a priest within ten feet of you?
26. You went to Palm Bay Beach Club to mess with drunk spring breakers.
Spring Break Forever.
27. You know the best place to get a meal is on The Circle.
That’s St. Armands Circle to you foreigners.
28. And you know that wherever you go in life, it won’t ever compare to Sarasota.
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- Miami Marlins star pitcher José Fernández has died in a boating accident. He was 24.
- US officials have determined al-Qaeda likely influenced suspected New York City bomber Ahmad Khan Rahami.