1. Sega was a pioneer in the gaming industry - years ahead of its time.
2. It captivated users with completely ridiculous & disgusting game premises: Boogerman, ToeJam & Earl, Earthworm Jim...
3. You became all of your favorite Disney stars of your childhood.
4. Movies-Turned-Games weren't only for Disney. Practically every movie in the late 80s to mid 90's was immortalized, Sega-style.
5. But it wasn't all about the boys games. Unlike most gaming systems, Sega had girl appeal too.
6. Old School Graphics = Ingenius Minimalist Art
7. Perfect Controller: Comfortable, functional & just the right amount of buttons
8. The Birth of Real Time Strategy Games
10. All of your favorite sports games started here.
11. There were even games for Canadians, too!
12. The Antithesis of Grand Theft Auto: STREETS OF RAGE
13. The King of Pop Lives On
14. These games literally morphed our pop culture today. The creators The Walking Dead spent their childhood playing this post-apocalyptic football fusion.
15. The ORIGINAL Candy Crush
16. "FINISH HIIIIIIMM!!!!!!"
17. There's thousands of titles and you can buy them for PENNIES... literally!
18. One Word: SONIC.
Miss your Sega? They're back! For $40 you can relive your childhood. You're welcome.
Sega Genesis was the most bad-ass console. Ever. What's your favorite Genesis memory?
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!