1. When you need to write an angry letter of complaint but know that it will have nowhere near the effect that a howler would.
2. When you get to your door at 3am, have forgotten your keys, and as much as you shout 'Alohomora' at the keyhole, you're still drunk and effectively homeless for the night.
3. When you're stuck on the M25 with neither a broomstick, nor a flying car.
4. Every time you walk outside into the rain, without an umbrella, because the ceiling of your hall does not represent the sky outside.
5. When you're sat on the sofa calling 'Accio TV remote' because 'One Born Every Minute' has come on, and you can't un-see those lady parts.
6. When your dog barks at the postman and you can't help but think 'If only you had three heads, then you might actually scare someone. Pathetic.'
7. When you want to follow someone for completely normal, non-stalkerish reasons but realise that you don't have an invisibility cloak #welljel.
8. When you break your glasses but Hermione is not there to fix them.
9. When you missed a deadline at work because you were daydreaming about butterbeer, but your boss does not fall victim to your attempts at a Confundus Charm.
10. When you can't be bothered to cook dinner and could really do with a great feast waiting for you downstairs, rather than the worrying prospect of spaghetti hoops again.
11. When you dress your little sister up in a tea towel and call her your house elf, but she refuses to play along.
12. Whenever you see a bearded man on the street and think 'No muggle can grow a beard like Dumbledore.'
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!