1. Attend Class
You may be tempted to take advantage of your newfound freedom that includes professors who don’t take roll, but you’ve got to show up to learn. College is an investment, and to get the biggest bang for your buck, be ready and eager to learn.
3. Student Loans Will Need To Be Repaid
Graduation will come sooner than you think, and before long you’ll be repaying your loans. If you borrowed more than you need, think twice before spending it on that sweet neon light for your dorm room. Read five things to consider when taking out loans.
5. Make The Most Of Your Free Time
Take advantage of your free time by making a difference on campus or in your community. Seek out opportunities to volunteer. You’ll not only be improving your community, but you’ll learn important skills and build invaluable relationships. Visit volunteer.gov to find opportunities near you.
6. Read The Assigned Readings
You’ll thank yourself later and you’ll probably learn something.
8. Keep An Open Mind And Make New Friends
Your pool of possible friends just got significantly larger. You’re likely to meet people from all walks of life and from countries around the world. Take this opportunity to expand your network of friends and learn about their background, culture and aspirations.
9. Remember That You Are The Next Generation Of Leaders
Find what your passion is and pursue it. Don’t be shy- be bold. We need your courage. We need you to challenge the status quo that allows so much potential to go to waste. And please, never stop listening and learning. It is the only way to stay relevant.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Verizon and unions representing 39,000 workers have reached an agreement that should end the largest U.S. strike in since 2011.
- Never mind the $10 million: Donald Trump now says he won't debate "second place finisher" Bernie Sanders.
- No, France has not banned people from sending work emails after hours – no matter how much we all want to believe it 🇫🇷 ✉️