We asked the BuzzFeed Community for the most insane burger they've ever eaten in America, plus added in a couple of our own. Here are some deliciously over-the-top burgers that belong on your ~required eating~ bucket list.
1. The Early Riser, The Porch — Winter Park, Florida
First off, it's a bison burger on a goddamn fresh-glazed donut. Then there's also cheddar, house hash cake, applewood smoked bacon, a fried egg, onion rings, and liquid gold bbq sauce. That's not even including the lettuce, tomato, and raw onion they put on the side — because even the chefs are too scared to keep adding layers to this glorious monstrosity.
—Crysta Timmerman, Facebook
2. The Thurmanator, Thurman Cafe — Columbus, Ohio
The layers are as follows: bottom bun, mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickle, banana peppers, a12-ounce burger, bacon, cheddar, another 12 ounce burger, sautéed mushrooms and onions, ham, mozzarella and American cheese, and a top bun. Then it's served with fries and a pickle spear.
3. Badass Burger, Bad Daddy's Burger Bar — multiple locations
It's got buttermilk fried bacon, which trumps everything.
—Sam Lynn Niro, Facebook
4. The Breakroom Burger, Breakroom Burgers & Tacos — New York City
5. The Nutter Butter Burger, Lucky 13 — Salt Lake City
House smoked bacon, peanut butter, cheddar cheese. Don’t forget the side of rosemary garlic fries! Soooo much garlic.
6. The Killer Bee, Boston Burger Company — Boston
7. Avenue Burger, Barrelhouse 101 — Ventura, California
Ooh boy, here we go. This baby's got a blend of chorizo and beef, plus grilled onions, lettuce, tomato, a fried egg, guacamole, cheddar & Jack cheese, and then a spicy three-pepper aioli, all served on a brioche bun.
8. The OMG Burger Platter, River City Cafe — Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
9. The Gordo Burger, La Perrada Del Gordo — West Palm Beach, Florida
This burger is Colombian fast food in Florida — and it's basically all about the sauce. It has a meat patty, shredded chicken, fries, pink sauce and pineapple sauce, and a whole bunch of melted cheese.
10. The Adam Emmenecker, Jethro's BBQ — Des Moines, Iowa
It weighs five pounds, including the cheeseburger, two buns, pork tenderloin, buffalo chicken tenders, white cheddar sauce, fried cheese curds, Texas brisket, applewood smoked bacon, and a spicy pickle. If you can eat all of that plus a pound of waffle fries in 15 minutes, it’s free and you get your photo on the wall.
11. Apocalypse Burger, Nosh Kitchen Bar — Portland, Maine
12. Walking Ched, Zombie Burger — Des Moines and West Des Moines, Iowa
Mac 'n' cheese or bust. This burger has, in addition to the actual meat, a breaded and deep fried mac 'n' cheese bun, bacon, Cheddar cheese, caramelized and raw onion, mayo, and then actual mac 'n' cheese. Because a fried mac 'n' cheese bun just isn't enough.
13. The Bomb Burger, Tampa Bay Brewing Company — Tampa, Florida
It's a burger with all the fixings, then wrapped in pizza dough and baked.
14. 2 Finger Peekaboo, Lindy's on 4th — Tucson, Arizona
A grilled cheese sandwich with a burger in the middle, plus all the fixings—and so much more.
15. The Hot Mess, Grill Marks, Greenville, South Carolina
So, who's hungry for a stack of meaty deliciousness?!?!
The burger in #6 is the Killer Bee. A previous version said it was the 420 Burger.