1. Elle Woods, Legally Blonde
2. Mindy Lahiri, The Mindy Project
3. Rachel Green, Friends
4. Raven Baxter, That's So Raven
5. Hermione Granger, Harry Potter
6. Lorelai and Rory Gilmore, Gilmore Girls
Lorelai Gilmore has no problem asking Luke to fix up her house, and Rory made a home-cooked dinner for Dean dressed like Donna Reed. Yet both are strong, smart, goal-driven women, starting their own businesses and going to Yale and such.
7. Martha Jones, Doctor Who
Martha Jones — an incredible doctor in her own right — is a smart, strong woman who also fell in love with the Doctor. She's proof that falling in love doesn’t make you any less of a strong woman.
8. Annie Walker, Bridesmaids
9. Leslie Knope, Parks and Recreation
10. Sophia Burset, Orange Is the New Black
As a 6-foot tall former firefighter, Sophia Burset probably is physically strong. But that's not what makes her a strong female character. She sticks to hairdressing and avoiding confrontation in prison while tirelessly fighting the patriarchy for her right to exist as a trans woman.
11. Fat Amy, Pitch Perfect
Fat Amy can’t win a foot race, but she is a strong, confident, talented woman who tells conventional beauty standards to go fuck themselves.