Purveyors of so-called “designer vagina” surgery have long been criticized for making women feel insecure about a part of the body that a) varies naturally and b) is invisible most of the time. Now scientists have decided to investigate the claims made by websites offering plastic surgery for female genitals. Study authors Lih-Mei Liao, Neda Taghinejadi, and Sarah M. Creighton used an extremely simple procedure: They Googled “designer vagina.” Then they looked at the top five U.K.-based websites that came up, and the top five U.S. ones. Here’s a sampling of what they found:
3. Your shriveled vagina may reveal your age.
The U.K.’s Regency Clinic reportedly claimed “a woman might have a face lift and look really young until she goes to bed and a partner can see the evidence of ageing there.” This language appears to have been removed.
- Despite Democrats threatening to filibuster, Republicans are confident Neil Gorsuch will be confirmed to the Supreme Court by the end of next week.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- "We are the press who is under attack," says April Ryan, the veteran journalist who was scolded by Sean Spicer during a heated White House briefing.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻