1. Tell a story.
2. It's all about the lighting.
3. Think about your hero piece.
4. Play around with different sizes for your props.
5. Pick items that look good from above.
6. Create balance.
7. Mix up different materials for your background.
8. Height is important.
9. Mix angles and lines.
10. When shooting food, lift it up.
11. EDIT. EDIT. EDIT.
12. Take a lot of test shots.
13. Don't overdo your styling.
14. And only do minimal photo editing.
This interview was facilitated by Canon Australia.