5. 10 Feet Single By Stella Dallas — Brooklyn, New York
If you judge a thrift store on how good the shoes are, this one always has tons of great options, plus accessories, home goods, and literally anything else you can think of.
—Candice Russell, Facebook
7. Acorn Apparel — Louisville, Kentucky
This store has a lot of quirky records, little pieces of home decor, and of course colorful apparel! It’s run by a great group of women who personally pick out what items to sell in their shop. They also sell accessories made by local artists.
—Isabelle Elwood, Facebook
8. Unclaimed Baggage Center — Scottsboro, Alabama
It’s pretty much exactly what the title says: Luggage and baggage that have been unclaimed at airports end up here and there’s everything from clothes, to electronics, to sporting equipment. You really don’t know what you’re going to find.
—Kimberly Martin, Facebook
10. Monk Vintage — Multiple locations in New York City
It tends to be a bit pricier, but has been praised for having a better selection than most of the chain thrift shops in the area.
—Jacqueline Kline, Facebook
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 30. "We're still not done," a police official said Friday afternoon.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- Instead of ornaments, a women decorated her Christmas tree with paper angels honoring the biggest stars who died in 2016 🎄