Some people on Twitter have been using the hashtag #TheWorstPartOfDepressionIs to share their experience with the mental illness.
1. Some people just don't get it:
2. Like, really don't get it:
3. Sometimes there are no words:
4. And yet you have to try to find the words anyway:
5. Everyone experiences depression differently:
6. Men are often pressured to "man up" and hide it:
7. How it colors every aspect of your life:
8. You don't need a reason to be depressed:
9. It can feel like this:
10. And it's not all mental symptoms:
11. It's STILL so hard to talk about:
12. And there is still so much stigma:
13. "How are you?" is such a complicated question:
14. And sometimes it's really hard to try to keep it together:
15. It doesn't just go away:
16. The lack of motivation is too real:
17. There is no such thing as being too young to have depression:
18. This reminder that there is NOTHING wrong with you:
19. And that it's NEVER your fault:
20. This important reminder:
21. And this one:
To learn more about depression, check out the resources at the National Institute of Mental Health here.
And don't forget the U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, which you can reach at 1-800-273-8255.
A list of suicide hotlines for other countries can be found here.