Some people on Twitter have been using the hashtag #TheWorstPartOfDepressionIs to share their experience with the mental illness.
1. Some people just don't get it:
2. Like, really don't get it:
3. Sometimes there are no words:
4. And yet you have to try to find the words anyway:
5. Everyone experiences depression differently:
6. Men are often pressured to "man up" and hide it:
7. How it colors every aspect of your life:
8. You don't need a reason to be depressed:
9. It can feel like this:
10. And it's not all mental symptoms:
11. It's STILL so hard to talk about:
12. And there is still so much stigma:
13. "How are you?" is such a complicated question:
14. And sometimes it's really hard to try to keep it together:
15. It doesn't just go away:
16. The lack of motivation is too real:
17. There is no such thing as being too young to have depression:
18. This reminder that there is NOTHING wrong with you:
19. And that it's NEVER your fault:
20. This important reminder:
21. And this one:
Again, there are so many more people sharing their experiences. These are only some.
To learn more about depression, check out the resources at the National Institute of Mental Health here.
If you are dealing with thoughts of suicide, you can speak to someone immediately here.
And if you want to speak with someone anonymously, you can go here for additional help.
And don't forget the U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, which you can reach at 1-800-273-8255.
A list of suicide hotlines for other countries can be found here.