1. This person said they leave Post-It love notes for their wife all the time, and one day they spotted this note left for them by their daughter:
It reads: "I love you with ol mi hart."
2. A teacher had a wonderful idea to send these notes home to parents, in order to help kids going through a rough time:
"If your family is experiencing difficulties at home, I would like to provide additional support at school. I understand that you are not always able to share details and that's okay. If your child is coming to school after a difficult night, morning, or weekend, please text me, 'Handle with Care.' Nothing else will be said or asked. This will let me know that your child may need extra time, patience, or help during the day."
3. This loving and accepting note from a dad probably made coming out a lot easier:
"Nate, I overheard your conversation with Mike last night about your plans to come out to me. The only thing I need you to plan is to bring home OJ and bread after class. We are out, like you now. I've known you were gay since you were six. I've loved you since you were born. —Dad
PS. Your mom and I think you and Mike make a cute couple"
4. This taxi driver proudly displayed a note from their kid:
"Dear daddy, thank you for working so hard for us. I love you a lot."
5. A young girl wrote this adorable note to her local garbage collectors, just giving them a little confidence boost on a cold day:
"Dear garbage collecters,
You do a lot to help keep are ecosystem clean and working. The world would be a mess without you! You are like a super hero in deskys!
Sencerly the dauter of this house."
6. This poor soul with a bad flu added a note when ordering delivery food, and got a note back with free garlic bread:
The customer's note reads: "I'm sorry I'm ordering so late I'm very sick right now I just woke up I understand if you cancel BC you're trying to close to store xx."
The store's response note reads: "Thank you for the kind note. Don't stress about ordering late, we don't mind. Here's a free garlic bread to help you feel a bit better."
The customer's Yelp review reads: "They gave me garlic bread on the house when I was feeling sick and wrote me a cute lil note on the delivery box and personally I would like to give each and every employee a little forehead kiss. Also it seems like they broil the cheese on top of the carbonara and it makes it all crispy on top and personally I think I might cry it was so good thank you kings."
7. This person received a note on their car from an unhoused person after stopping to have a chat with him:
"To a kind hearted woman,
Hi. I just wanted to say thank you again. I thought that was really cool of you to take the time to stop and talk to me and ask how I was doing and then asked if I needed anything.
That made me feel good and made me feel like an equal to everyone else instead of feeling like I am garbage and not good enough to be on the level of a person who is not homeless asking for change. It's crazy cos I know what already of course but when your alone on these streets it's crazy how much people can break you down mentally just by being rude, treating you like your a low life bum that's on the streets by choice and it's fun to be homeless or when you cross paths with them on the sidewalk and you smile at them and they glare at you like your an animal or a freak.
I'm not giving you a sob story at all I just wanted to let you know that your one of the few that treat me equally anyways you should feel good about yourself for being that way."
8. This teacher received a note from one of their students at the end of the year:
"Thank you for taking the time to teach me. When you could of been anywhere in the world but you chose to teach me."
9. This person received a note from a stranger on a train, right as he was leaving at his stop:
The OP explained the note and translated it: "I was on a train, reading a book and a guy sat opposite from me. Before he got off at his stop, he scribbled this note and handed it to me. It‘s a little rhyme and loosely translates as: 'The rain is falling steadily, light and drab, someone should tell you how beautiful you are today.'
I kept it cause it made me smile that day (more than 10 years ago) and again yesterday when I found it amongst my old photos and cards."
10. This contractor left an adorable little gift and a kind note after renovating an apartment for new tenants:
"Dear new tenants at 6503
Please accept this tiny offering of best wishes that your time here is full of abundant blessings and as a consecration of our efforts to prepare this abode for you.
— Contractor Ken and his teammates"
11. This restaurant server got a note on the back of a receipt from a fellow patient at their new therapist's office:
"Hey! I saw you at [my county] counseling today, just wanted to say hi and if you want a friend here's my name and number."
12. "My little brother has autism. He turned 17 today. I came home from work to this note":
"To my big brother, When you get inside the house here please come into your little brother's bedroom and tuck him into bed and tell him happy birthday and goodnight and give him a hug. Love from your little brother.
PS. Please read this note."
13. This note may have saved a tiny baby deer's life, or at least prevented it from waking up with a mighty scare:
"Please be aware that a baby deer is sleeping right under your tire."
14. This darling final note — featuring a Robert Sexton poem — from a husband to his wife before he died is so sweet. He attached the note to his will so she would find it when she needed it the most:
"This I will remember when the rest of life is through: The finest thing I've ever done is simply loving you."
15. This customer got a note from their Etsy seller celebrating their first sale:
"Thank you for being my first costumer [sic] ever! When my friends and family convinced me to open an Etsy store I was scared that no one else would like what I make. Thank you for taking a chance on me, it really means a lot."
16. "My wife has given a note to our child every day for lunch during his kindergarten year and today I found a note from our child for me since he's starting to learn to write":
"I love you."
17. This grandchild discovered a note on a bookshelf built by their grandpa that was only discovered later:
"For Ellery — with more love than you can imagine — Grandpa"
18. This reminder from a little brother to his older sibling finishing up their bachelor's degree is the cutest:
"You might be studying most of the time but if you want to hang out I'm here."
19. This new neighbor found a common interest and left a note, hoping for a new jam buddy:
"This might seem a bit unusual, but I saw your guitars in the window and as a guitarist myself and have just moved in here a couple months ago, I was wondering whether you would be up for a jam sometime. If you are interested, you can contact me at the following number.
If you find this extremely creepy, I am sorry to have disturbed you and hope you can get over it soon.
Looking forward to jamming with you (maybe)."
20. This single dad left a creatively nerdy lunch note for his daughter:
"You have received Large Schnitzel. Can be consumed for Lunch/Dinner to restore +15 HP and +15 Stamina. Rare item, can spawn in Kitchen biome. Finishing the Large Schnitzel off will give you the buff Father Is Impressed, but beware: You can only finish Large Schnitzel off if you are playing on Hard Mode or your character is Starving. Dad loves you."
21. This supportive sister left her sibling supportive sticky notes since they struggle with depression 😭:
One of them reads: "Stop comparing yourself to others, just be you!"
22. This person's elderly neighbor left them a thank-you note and a bottle of wine after they helped her figure out her TV remote:
"Thank you for being a wonderful neighbor. Please don't ever move."
23. This newlywed couple got a kind note from a stranger:
"Congrats and best wishes"
24. "My dad died three years ago. He wrote this on my ceiling one night 10+ years ago. My mom remodeled my room after I moved out, and I forgot about the note. She had it cut out and framed. The most special gift I have ever been given":
"Watcha lookin' at? Ur poppa luvs ya. Good night, sweet dreams!"
25. This couple got a note from the neighbor's kid, along with some fresh-baked cookies, after they brought home their newborn:
"These are for you. Please do not feed to the baby or the dog. WELCOME HOME!"
26. And finally... "My dad, a car guy, has put reminders like this on every car I've owned. My fiancée doesn't have a relationship with his father, but recently discovered this note from mine on his car":
"Check oil every fill. Love, Dad."