In case you wanted to put things inside of it:
1. You could fit seven Yankee Stadiums inside the Mall of America.
2. Or you could fit 32 Boeing 747s inside the Mall of America.
3. Or you could fit 258 Statues of Liberty inside the Mall of America.
4. The Mall of America has its own counterterrorism unit.
5. If you were to visit the mall and spend 10 minutes inside every store, it would take you 86 hours to complete your journey.
6. It took 13,300 tons of steel to build the Mall of America. That's almost twice the amount it took to build that Tinkertoy the Eiffel Tower.
7. It boasts having a 1.2 million-gallon aquarium.
8. Feeding these aquatic creatures requires more than 100 pounds of food, daily.
9. It cost more than $650 million to build the Mall of America in 1992.
11. The Mall of America generates almost $2 billion in annual revenue for the state of Minnesota.
12. On Black Friday in 2013, 29-year-old Serge Vorobyov was "cited for disorderly conduct" for throwing $1,000 off the fourth story balcony at the Mall of America. He was inspired to do so by a GEICO commercial.
13. There is a light rail that will take you straight from the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport to the Mall of America. You barely have to step outside.
15. The Mall of America used to have a high school in it! Talk about an All-American education.
16. Ever wanted to get lost? The Mall of America has one of the largest mirror mazes on the planet!
17. The Mall of America plans to install two zip lines in the very near future.
18. It has no central heating. Despite Minnesota's hot summers and brutally cold winters, the only parts of the Mall of America that are heated are the entrances. The year-round 70 degree temperature that it averages is maintained by body heat, lighting fixtures, and solar heat from the skylights.
19. The Mall of America uses water-saving toilets. This saves 1.4 million gallons of water a year.
20. The Mall of America boasts 40 million visitors annually.
21. In lieu of pesticides, 72,000 lady bugs were released in the Mall of America to protect its tropical plant life from aphids.
22. Speaking of plant life, moving all of those trees into the Mall of America required the labor of 65 semi-trucks.
23. The Mall of America was built where Metropolitan Stadium once stood (former home of the Vikings and the Twins). There are plaques around marking where home plate was and where iconic home runs landed.
24. Allegedly, one in three visitors comes from at least 150 miles away, while 4 out of 10 visitors are tourists of some kind.
25. The Mall of America holds the world record for having the most Ninja Turtles amassed in one area. There were 836. Previous record: 786.
26. There are more than 520 stores in the Mall of America.
27. The Mall of America produces upward of 4,000 pounds of biodiesel fuel monthly from recycled fryer fat.
28. The Mall of America employs roughly 11,000 employees year round, and about 13,000 during the peak seasons.
29. Contained within two parking ramps, the Mall of America offers 12,550 on-site parking spots.
30. It's the largest mall in the United States, 4.87 million square feet.
OOPS: This article originally stated that the Mall of America occupies its own zip code. Apparently that's not true. Whoops!