2. The scientists who have made the discovery named it the Litarachna lopezae mite after the famed actress and pop star, Jennifer Lopez.
3. Up to this point, the Litarachna lopezae is the deepest dwelling water mite ever found.
4. Vladimir Pešić, a biologist who worked on the paper that detailed the findings had this to say about the name to the Associated Press:
“The reason behind the unusual choice of name for the new species is that J.Lo’s songs and videos kept the team in a continuous good mood when writing the manuscript and watching World Cup Soccer 2014.”
6. Here’s a list of other species named after celebrities.
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about a problem in Sweden were not about an event, but about a Fox News report 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩