2. The scientists who have made the discovery named it the Litarachna lopezae mite after the famed actress and pop star, Jennifer Lopez.
3. Up to this point, the Litarachna lopezae is the deepest dwelling water mite ever found.
4. Vladimir Pešić, a biologist who worked on the paper that detailed the findings had this to say about the name to the Associated Press:
“The reason behind the unusual choice of name for the new species is that J.Lo’s songs and videos kept the team in a continuous good mood when writing the manuscript and watching World Cup Soccer 2014.”
6. Here’s a list of other species named after celebrities.
- John Glenn, a pioneering astronaut and the first American to orbit the Earth, has died at 95. Godspeed, Glenn 🚀🇺🇸
- Donald Trump will remain an executive producer on NBC's "The Celebrity Apprentice" while he's president.
- Trump has picked Andy Puzder, CEO of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. and an outspoken critic of raising the minimum wage, for labor secretary
- Mick Jagger is a new dad at age 73 and people have some things to say 👀