14. These unemployed men attending a meeting of the Workers Alliance Council during the Great Depression in West Virginia.
8. This young drummer boy who was a member of the United States infantry during the Civil War.
All photos via the National Archives.
- Turkey has become a magnet for violence. The country has suffered 434 terror attacks in the last year.
- Since Britain's vote to leave the EU, a series of xenophobic attacks against minority groups in public and online has stunned the country.
- Ready for the U.S. presidential election in November? It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed and you can register here 🇺🇸