1. This is Miriam Salzman, a 24-year-old freelance stage manager, currently living in New York City.
2. When she was 6, her parents read her the first Harry Potter book.
3. And that’s when her love for Harry Potter all began. “My parents read the books one to four to me and then I tackled reading them on my own.”
4. Since then Salzman has travelled to many countries and realized that there are different editions and variants of books from the Harry Potter franchise.
5. The first set of non-U.S. editions that Salzman bought were books one and seven, while on a summer music tour in Europe.
“I wanted to buy all seven right there but didn’t have the room in my suitcase, so I settled on books one and seven. I loved that the covers were so different from the U.S. editions they gave you insight to different moments in the story,” she told BuzzFeed.
6. “I spent my last week in London exploring used bookstores trying to complete my collection but only found books two and three, but I also found the U.K. adult covers which we don’t have in the States. So I bought a few of them, too.”
7. Salzman has books in Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Spanish, and more, which she’s bought from bookshops all across the U.S. and Europe.
8. All in all, she now has 37 different versions including the Harry Potter books and the companion books Quidditch Through the Ages, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and The Tales of Beedle the Bard.
9. “I’m visiting Toronto in a few days so I’ll probably pick up a Canadian copy while there,” Salzman told BuzzFeed.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- At least nine people have been killed after a fire broke out during a warehouse party late Friday night in Oakland, California.
- A public health expert says President-elect Mike Pence's resistance to needle exchanges during Indiana's HIV outbreak last year is the direct result of systemic failure.
- "I'm 21 so you can have it back!" This 23-year-old got her lost ID back in the mail, along with a hilarious thank you note 💌😂