1. 1. Drop In: Lead with Deeper Presence and Courage by Sara Harvey Yao
Life can be extremely busy. Our society values extreme productivity, external rewards and speed - and our attempts to improve our lives usually results in adding more to our calendars and to-do lists. A profound and transformational guide, Drop In challenges readers to tune out of their busy lives and checklists and drop in to the present. Being aware of the moment increases clarity, connection and courage to lead a more powerful life.
2. 2. Emotional Agility: Get Unstuck, Embrace Change, and Thrive in Work and Life by Susan David
The road to success is never easy but one way people manage to make it through is two words: emotional agility. Psychologist Susan David developed this concept after studying emotion for over twenty years. She found that no matter how intelligent someone is or how his or her personality differs, it is how one navigates the inner world-feelings and thoughts- that determines success. In her new book she draws on her research, years if consulting and her own experience to deliver a map to reach full your potential.
3. 3. H3 Leadership: Be Humble. Stay Hungry. Always Hustle. By Brad Lomenick
Brad Lomenick has spent more than two decades working with leaders, Fortune 500 CEOs and start-up entrepreneurs. He has categorized leadership into “the 3 Hs”: Humble, Hungry and Hustle. With these powerful words, his leadership guide will inspire you and help you become the leader you’ve always wanted to be.
4. 4. The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World by Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu and Douglas Carlton Abrams
The Dalai Lama and Archbishop Desmond Tutu met up and felt inspired to talk about something important to them: joy. In this book, the two past winners of the Nobel Prize discuss their own stories and teachings about joy, science discoveries on finding happiness and the daily practices that bring it to their own lives. Both in their eighties and having experienced their own share of adversity, the two share their stories with compassion and humor and make it clear that to have joy, you must bring joy to others.
5. 5. Leading Mindfully: How to Focus on What Matters, Influence for Good, and Enjoy Leadership More by Amanda Sinclair
Mindfulness is a common practice for those seeking a peaceful life but what if it could help you become a better leader? Well, it can. In Leading Mindfully, Amanda Sinclair discusses how mindfulness can help your interactions with organizations, schools, communities and families and it will lead to a more positive outcome. She gives 20 mindful practices that make it easier to start involving it in daily life. This book will get readers onto a more mindful path, which will lead to a greater appreciation for life and leadership.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Bomb threats were called into Jewish centers in at least 13 states today, making it the fifth wave of threats since January.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝
- The suspect in a Kansas shooting that left an Indian man dead thought he was shooting Iranians, and the FBI is investigating as a possible hate crime.
- "Moonlight" won Best Picture at the Oscars, but they accidentally gave it to "La La Land" first 😳