1. Renegade Red by Lauren Bird Horowitz
The Light Trilogy is back with its second installment after the dramatic cliffhanger at the end of book one, in which Noa Sullivan leaped into a collapsing Portal in hope of rescuing her little sister Sasha. Now Noa and the Fae brothers who are fighting for her love—Callum and Judah Forsythe—must find a way to survive not only across worlds but between them. As they search for Sasha they encounter places so deceptive that even their own minds are twisted against them, forcing Noa to find her inner strength to save her sister and escape this dangerous magical realm.
2. Carve The Mark by Veronica Roth
On a planet, in a galaxy far away everyone develops a currentgift, a unique power meant to shape the future. Most benefit form currentgifts, but not Akos and Cyra. Their gifts make them vulnerable to others’ control. Cyra is often manipulated by her brother, the tyrant that rules Shotet, who uses her to torture his enemies. Akos comes from the peace-loving nation of Thuvhe and he is forever loyal to his family. As Akos’ and Cyra’s worlds collide they must decide whether to help each other survive or to destroy one another.
3. King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard
In the third installment of Victoria Aveyard’s bestselling Red Queen series, Mare Barrow is a prisoner living at the mercy of a deceitful King, who was once a boy she loved. Maven Calore uses his mother’s death to keep control over his country and poor Mare. As she continues to suffer in the palace, Cal, the exiled prince is prepared to fight for her heart and will stop and nothing to bring her back and with the help of Mare’s band of newbloods and Reds they are ready for war.
4. Caraval by Stephanie Garber
Caraval is the closest you will ever get to magic in this world. Scarlett has dreamt of seeing Caraval, the far-away, once-a-year performance where the audience participates in the show, all her life, but now all bets are off. Her cruel father has arranged a marriage for her, but with the help of a mysterious sailor and her sister, Tella she is able to attend Caraval. However, soon after they arrive Tella is kidnapped by the show’s organizer Legend. This year’s performance revolves around Tella and whoever finds her first is the winner.
5. Bad Blood by Demitira Lunetta
Sixteen-year-old Heather MacNair just wants to feel normal, especially after her self-harm issues came to light, but even under a doctor’s watchful eye she can’t help but feel haunted by her dreams. She can’t stop dreaming about twin sisters from centuries ago, Prudence and Primrose, who somehow seem tied to her life. family secrets reveal a past full of magic and she finds that the twins could save her soul or force her into a future full of danger.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Arkansas has carried out the first double execution since 2000. The state had scheduled 8 executions before a key drug expires.
- "Stealthing," or purposefully removing a condom during sex without consent, has become a new trend. But victims say it is another form of assault.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔