While social distancing is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of the coronavirus, local businesses (including restaurants!) are struggling to stay afloat as a result — which is where takeout and delivery come in.
And while it's okay to have that pasta delivered to your door, the current pandemic has made it especially important to take certain precautions when doing so.
Below are some helpful guidelines to follow if you plan on ordering delivery in the near future.
1. First and foremost: Tip generously.
2. And when it comes to tipping, avoid cash.
3. Call and order from your favorite restaurant directly.
4. In the event that your restaurant of choice doesn't offer direct delivery, be mindful about which delivery service you do choose.
5. Always opt for contactless delivery.
6. Oh! And whether calling directly or ordering through an app, let the restaurant know that you won't be needing napkins *or* plastic cutlery.
7. Be sure to disinfect doorbells, intercoms, and door handles right before ordering delivery — especially if you live in a building that requires, to some extent, the delivery worker to come inside.
8. Immediately throw away plastic bags and empty food containers, then disinfect the surfaces they came in contact with.
9. And, of course, WASH YOUR HANDS.
Stay safe! Stay healthy! Try your best to stay away from other people and to cancel all unnecessary social gatherings! Oh, and REMEMBER TO WASH YOUR HANDS!
And do you have any additional tips for ordering delivery? Let us know in the comments below.