28 Dresses That'll Have You Breaking Up With Your Entire Wardrobe
"It's not you, it's me. And this great dress I just ordered."
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A deep-V mini dress with the phrase "spring staple" embedded into its DNA. If TikTok has inspired me to plan anything, it's an aesthetic picnic spread — and this is exactly what I plan on wearing when said picnic plans actually happen.
Promising review: "I love this dress. It is thick, good quality, comfortable, and fit as expected. I’ve already worn it twice and will wear it much more this summer. Wrinkles come out really easily with steamer." —Tyler woodruff
Get it from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in sizes XS–XXL and in five colors).
2. A V-neck slit dress raved about for genuinely living up to the ~maxi length~ description — if you're 5'7 and above, reviews swear that this pretty number will actually skim past your ankles.
Promising review: "I absolutely love this dress! I am tall and it’s so hard to find anything that is a true maxi”length for my 5’11” frame. This dress comes to my ankles, flows beautifully, and the true wrap style is great. If you are tall you should definitely buy this dress!" —Jami
Get it from Amazon for $30.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in 21 colors)
3. A bodycon pencil dress that looks so. damn. chic. And while the importance of owning the perfect LBD is no secret, it's likely you've had the same one for...decades (#guilty). I believe it's time we both level up.
Promising review: "I love this dress. Simple, classy, and professional. It molds to my body in all the right ways, and it wasn't too long. It can be worn with a nice necklace to spruce it up, and flats and/or pumps. The material is also versatile enough so that it can be worn year round, all you need is a pair of stockings or tights, but the dress will work either way. I plan to order more colors." —LadyLestat
Get it from Amazon for $22.99+ (available in sizes L–5X and in 10 colors).
4. A mini dress featuring a cutout design for the allure of "I matched a top and bottom this morning" without having to actually, well, match anything.
5. A high-low dress about to become your plus one for all 97 of the weddings you RSVP'd to, each one that was canceled and rescheduled for this upcoming summer. We hope you enjoy every single cocktail and Venetian hour to the fullest.
6. A smocked mini dress I bet you're already envisioning for your next outdoor barbecue-party-of-one. That's right, ~dress~ up for yourself. But maybe take a mirror picture. For Instagram. Just in case.
Promising review: "I purchased this dress for my baby shower and it was lovely! Super breezy (for a hot California day), fit me perfectly, and it was so pretty, not to mention affordable! I got lots of compliments too." —Tanya Pirch
Get it from Amazon for $34.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in nine colors)
7. A slip dress crafted from 100% sustainable sourced silk so your bod can feel cocooned by luxury all day long. Throw in a stunning charmeuse color and bam, your quest for the perfect item of versatile clothing is over.
8. A surplice dress available in solid colors and a snazzy leopard print, the latter of which I personally intend on purchasing in preparation for my eventual Disney vacay (inspired by the below reviewer).
Promising review: "It feels almost like I'm wearing a nightgown. It's not clingy at all, even after I washed it in my washer (cool water) and dried it in my dryer on high. This dress is flowy and wears well for our hot Texas summer, plus it can be worn with shorts or leggings. When cooler weather comes, a denim jacket will give this a nice casual look." —RoomRVier
Get it from Amazon for $19.32+ (available in sizes 1X–6X and four styles).
Psst: this item is included in Prime Wardrobe so you can give it a trial run if you're a member!
9. A maxi dress you'll wear with alarming frequency. Think: every. single. day. due to its lightweight material, a versatile design, *and* the fact that it has pockets.
Promising review: "This is very comfortable and flowy. Wore it all day and didn’t want to take it off because of how comfy it was. I got lots of compliments on it at my baby shower — I’m eight months pregnant in Texas and it’s HOT here." —Lorin Rae
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in sizes 14-26 and in 34 colors).
11. A lightweight strapless maxi I'd like to wear on a bike ride through the Italian countryside. A trip to Tuscany likely won't be happening anytime soon but I'm going to add this to my shopping cart in the name of hope.
Promising review: "At eight months pregnant and living through a Florida summer, I find this dress is perfect for the third trimester heat and discomfort. I usually struggle with maxi dresses being too long on me because of my height, but this falls perfectly just below the ankle (with baby bump)." —Bridgette
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in 24 colors).
12. A belted V-neck mini if the weather app screams "summer" but your heart screams "fall." The gorgeous rust hue means you'll be able to pay homage to pumpkin spice even whilst sweltering the heat.
Lucy Paris is a small fashion biz founded in 2003 that takes style inspo from the cities of New York, Los Angeles, and Paris — the trifecta in my humble opinion.
Get it from Lucy Paris for $89 (available in sizes S–L).
13. A V-neck maxi with adjustable straps guaranteed to make you feel ~trendier than thou~ on your stroll to the corner deli. Available in neutral colors and fun patterns alike, quickly throw this on to make it seem as if you didn't snooze through your alarm this morning.
14. A trumpet sleeve swing dress I have every intention of wearing at least four days a week for the next few months. Perfect as a swimsuit coverup or sported on its own, this breezy number is the definition of cozy *and* cute.
Promising review: "Such a sweet dress! The elastic bodice keeps all the material in one place (no sliding), and the colors are lovely and true to the photos. I was worried about the length, but it’s great—short enough to be fun but long enough to not worry about accidentally flashing people, LOL, just follow the sizing guide. One of my favorite aspects of this dress is that it has several layers of fabric, so it feels like a higher-quality piece. So excited to wear this once the weather warms up." —M.
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in 21 colors).
16. A baby doll dress for folks who have rummaged through their entire wardrobe to realize that, wow, your entire style revolves around black, off-black, and gray. Let's spring-ify that ever so slightly by way of pastels.
Promising review: "I rarely write reviews...especially for a dress that costs less than $35. However, this one is awesome and everyone needs to buy it. I got a ton of compliments when I wore this to work, and then decided to wear it on a Hinge date that night. Buy this, wear it to work, wear it on lame dates, wear it to the coffee shop. Wear it everywhere. It's cute and comfy." —Angela Paglino
Get it from Amazon for $28.49+ (available in sizes S–2X and seven colors).
17. A high-neck bodycon dress available in neutral colors that are perfect for daily wear, plus you can choose between three sleeve options: long, cap, or sleeveless. The latter is wonderful if you're feeling ready to let it all ~air out~.
18. A spaghetti strap bodycon that makes the word ~swanky~ come to mind. Essentially, an addition like this to your summer wardrobe has the same energy as popping champagne or munching on caviar.
Promising review: "OK so to be completely honest, when I received this dress and unpacked it I was extremely disappointed. The fabric was really thin and it seems like the quality was not good at all. I had every intention of returning it. But for some reason, I decided why not? Let me go ahead and try it on and see how it fits. I could not be happier. This dress hugs your curves in the best way. Do not be discouraged at how thin the material is when you first open it. It is definitely a dress that you have to put on to truly see how amazing it is. I am soooo happy that I decided to go ahead and try it on anyway. You NEED this dress in your life. I'm ordering the other colors immediately." —Jane Domino
Get it from Amazon for $18.88+ (available in sizes S–XL and in 12 colors).
19. A swing dress you'll find yourself gravitating toward for any occasion. It all lies in the power of shoe choice: Pair this with heels for tasting course dinners or with sneakers for that ~aesthetic~ coffee shop you found on Instagram.
Promising review: "It gets really, really hot where we live so finding a wardrobe that doesn't make us swelter can be a challenge in my family. This is a great dress and perfect for south Florida's summer heat. It's comfortable, well made/good quality, and it's thin enough that it allows you to keep cool but not so thin that you can see through it." —Phoenix
Get it from Amazon for $25.90+ (available in sizes 1X–6X and in five colors).
20. A strapless floral maxi that feels like it should come with an all-inclusive resort package because, wow, this is a vacation dress if I ever did see one. Slipping this on will make afternoon Zoom calls feel as if they're taking place somewhere tropical.
Promising review: "The material is on the thin side but that will be perfect on hot southern nights here in South Carolina. I am already looking at other patterns to buy a second one! The bust is snug (I am a 40C) but I love that because I don’t worry about it folding over or sliding down." —MimDOT
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in sizes S–XL and in 23 colors).
21. A ruffled shift dress ~technically~ intended for wearing off-the-shoulder, but some reviewers claim it can even function as a tube style. Things we love? Clothes that feel like multiple outfit options in one.
22. A sleeveless T-shirt dress to replace the leggings you've been wearing since, oh, last October. This equally comfortable option won't retain humidity and allows your limbs to feel some breeze.
Promising review: "I order a lot of dresses of this type and by far, this is the best brand when It comes to consistent quality. The fabric is light enough to be comfortable in the hot Arizona sun but not see-through. The finish work is great, there are pockets, and the drape of the fabric is just right . Perfect with sandals or flip-flops and a big hat. I love this dress and plan to order it in more colors." —Gaye Levy
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in sizes S–XXL and in 31 colors).
23. A V-neck maxi dress, because life's too short to not hop in on the tie-dye trend. It's everywhere — you can't help but be enticed. This cozy number means an easy, comfy way to add a pop of pattern to your wardrobe.
Promising review: "Love this dress! It's exactly what I was looking for. Maxi with sleeves and pockets. It is a little long but works well with a little heel. I also added a belt to give more shape. Super cute, soft, and comfortable!" —Melissa
Get it from Amazon for $20.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in 24 colors).
24. A floral jacquard mini dress that screams tea party attire to me. I prefer coffee, I don't own any dainty fine cups, but let me t-e-l-l you: I fully intend on throwing an "English breakfast and scones hang" as an excuse to wear the below.
Get it from Saylor NYC for $264 (available in sizes XS–L).
25. An A-line cami dress sure to be the ~cherry on top~ of your summer wardrobe — and if you hate puns, I'm truly sorry, I am who I am.
Promising review: "I LOVE this dress. I wish they had it in more colors! It's one of my favorite traveling dresses because it is so incredibly lightweight and takes up no room in my bag. I always get compliments when wearing it!" —Susie
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in sizes XS–XL and in eight colors).
26. A cutout back maxi described by one reviewer as "literally perfect" which means that hello and bonjour, I am absolutely adding this to my cart. I, too, would like literal perfection in my wardrobe.
Promising review: "This dress is literally PERFECT! It’s high-class yet casual. The material is thin which is nice because it fits really well and since it’s a maxi dress, it doesn’t get too hot. The straps are not adjustable but the tie in the back allows you to make the dress as tight or as loose as you need it at the top, in order for it to fit your body perfectly... not to mention the tie makes it so cute! I also love the open back. I don’t wear a bra when I wear this dress because you’d see it though the open back, but the tie allows me to adjust it right enough that I feel supported. The slit on the side is my favorite part." —Aimee
Get it from Amazon for $31.99 (available in sizes XS-XL).
27. A pleated midi dress that can truly fall anywhere in the fancy-to-casual spectrum depending on the accessories you decide to fish out of your closet. Pair it with sneaks for date night, heels for that small wedding ceremony, tomayto, tomahto, you'll look fabulous.
28. A 100% cotton mini dress that scoffs in the face of plain dress' past — this is an effortless way to look chic without compromising comfort, all thanks to a snazzy leopard print that feels on-trend and timeless at the same darn time.
Get it from Brunette the Label for $78 (available in sizes XS–XXL).