36 Pieces Of Clothing For People Who Love Summer But Hate Heat
The season of chafing is upon us.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A drawstring romper with all the comfort of the pajama set you've been wearing to bed since 1893, but it's not fuzzy fleece rubber duck pajamas and ergo a *lot* more chic.
2. A square-neck cropped cami because what better top to pair with the frayed hem high-waisted denim you got on clearance last summer but never wore because, well, 2020? Tell 'em to rise and shine via this perfect addition.
3. A tortoiseshell button V-neck number guaranteed to make you feel ~trendier than thou~ on your stroll to the corner deli. Available in neutral colors and fun patterns alike, quickly throw this on to make it seem as if you didn't snooze through your alarm this morning.
4. A spaghetti strap midi designed with a mid-thigh slit for ~ventilation~ because leg sweat during humidity = a real issue, and one that plagues me from mid-May to October.
5. High-waisted flare pants available in several colors and, consider this a warning, you'll want to stock up on every one. Over 12,000 reviewers swear that these babies are heaven in clothing form — buttery soft, amazingly stretchy, and perfect for any occasion.
6. A sleeveless T-shirt dress to replace the leggings you've been wearing since, oh, last October. This equally comfortable option won't retain humidity and allows your limbs to feel some breeze.
7. A bandana cami top perfect for wearing as-is for brunch — but le fun doesn't stop there, because you can also swish this into a headband, hair tie, and accessory for the drab black crossbody you should have retired eons ago.
8. A tank top because the band tee you own and love is made from a fabric best described as "heavy and prone to smelling bad after one drop of sweat hits it." Swap for the season with this; let in that airflow.
9. A cotton set so lovely, I actually gasped aloud and stopped scrolling. I do not pretend to understand the meaning of / live my life to the "cottagecore" aesthetic but, oh my word, this has me contemplating a life filled with forest animals and hand-picked berries.
10. A V-neck tee purposely designed with looser sleeves so you can banish this question forever from your lips: do I have pit stains?
11. A slip dress crafted from 100% sustainable sourced silk so your bod can feel cocooned by luxury all day long. Throw in a stunning lilac color and bam, your quest for the perfect item of versatile clothing is over.
12. A longline padded tank that reaps the versatility of a tank with the sweet, sweet support of underwire thanks to a body-hugging fit. TL;DR: going braless (and avoiding that extra layer on hot days) will have never felt so secure.
13. A sleeved T-shirt for scenic walks and long hikes. This top enlists the help of a lightweight, moisture-wicking fabric that also provides sun protection and prevents any smelly odors from forming (because all deodorant effectiveness goes right out the window the moment you start to sweat, that's not up for debate).
14. High-rise shorts designed with a lived-in ~girlfriend~ silhouette, aka these babies are tight enough to stay put but oversized enough that they won't cling to your upper thighs at the first sign of sweat.
15. A cutout back maxi described by one reviewer as "literally perfect" which means that hello and bonjour, I am absolutely adding this to my cart. I, too, would like literal perfection in my wardrobe.
16. A exercise dress because athleisure is alive and well, but pairing leggings and a sport bra can feel like such a chore in the morning. Presenting your daily solution: a mid-weight number with slight compression ideal for walks *and* brunch.
17. A flared drawstring skirt you can pair with a white tee (we highly rec. the TikTok method of cropping seen below) and et voila, that fashion blog shall be calling.
18. Seamless high-waisted leggings dubbed the ~cloud pant~ because they are just so. damn. soft. These babies provide light compression but remain lightweight, the waistband remains securely in place, and the colors? Yes. Yes absolutely.
19. An off-shoulder maxi dress designed with the phrase wardrobe staple, the kind of number you can wear to weddings and birthday dinners *or* for a stroll along a beach boardwalk.
20. An "air" cami crafted with ultra breathable 100% cotton. Plus, bra wearers can rejoice: a curved hem and slightly wider straps mean no 👏 underwire 👏 peekage. 👏
21. Track sweats perfect for the inconsistent temps we experience every false spring, when outfit choices can easily swap from parkas to tanks overnight. Reviewers swear these are crafted with magic fabric that remains cool on sweaty days *and* warm on frigid ones. Hermione? Are you responsible for this?
22. A pajama set here to nudge your high school gym shorts and old soccer team T-shirt into retirement. Sweaty sleepers, this cool-to-the-touch bamboo fabric is *especially* divine for you.
23. A high-rise exercise skort (a product name that may or may not transport you back to middle school) with built-in shorts and mesh pockets, the latter of which mean you can carry cards or cash — without having to lug around a crossbody, which adds at least 10 pounds of heat when the temps rise above 85.
24. Magical high-rise leggings for a ~fancy pants~ bottom that won't have you stewing in sweat by the time your commute is over. These are crafted with a UV-blocking, quick-drying technology that will keep you feeling cool all day.
25. A breathable linen top with the pièce de résistance being corset seam detailing to give it that extra va va voom. It's even got a smocked back to ensure a tailored, hugs-like-a-glove fit.
26. A high-waisted midi skirt you can throw on with any top: tank tops, band tees, longline bralettes if you so please. Tomato, Tomahto — it's wardrobe gold.
27. A lace trim tank and shorts set crafted with velvet, aka this is the embodiment of luxe loungewear. Wearing this around your apartment takes mundane activities (hello, mindless Instagram scrolling) and makes it feel like an event.
28. A ruffle slip dress from the RIXO for Target designer collection that is pattern mixing in the best. way. possible. I'm not sure how the orange florals work with the black and white polka dots, but it does! And here I am, fighting the urge to add it to my cart.
29. A mustard midi dress that's got eye-catching cutouts for a trés trendy accent that grants you access to another, far more important feature: breeze. I'll personally be wearing this with ~relish~.
30. Compression shorts available in three lengths, with even the ~shortest~ version ensuring that your assets won't be on full display with every step you take. Throw in the fact that these have pockets and voila, warm weather dressing just got a whole lot easier.
31. A pocketed jersey T-shirt dress purposely designed with a longer hemline, which means your undergarments won't be on the brink of exposure with every sudden gust of wind.
32. A two-piece set I fully intend on wearing whilst padding around my 400-square-foot living room, a sneaky way to trick my mind into thinking I'm yachting in the Mediterranean instead of....working from my couch. Currently adding this to my cart in anticipation of an eventual vacay.
33. A two-pack of crewneck tees, because it's about time you bid adieu to the ratty old gym shirt you've been wearing for the past, oh, decade. These are simple, sleek, and crafted with a moisture-wicking material.
34. Baggy overalls (with pockets!) for anyone who detests having to scrounge up a matching top and bottom, plus wants to look peak Instagram-worthy in their loungewear — all you'll have to do is slip this on over a bralette *or* a sleeved tee.
35. A linen button-down really evoking sweet summer memories for me. I can picture it now: the smell of salty water and sunscreen, barefoot, clad in a trendy swimsuit and this hunk of loveliness layered on top. ::checks the weather app:: ::begins to sob::
36. A tank top and shorts combo if "hot sleeper" doesn't even begin to describe the pool of sweat that's bubbled around your body by the time you're hitting snooze. This set gives humidity problems the boot due to how breathable and lightweight it is.
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.