Thursday night in New York, Marc Jacobs released his fall 2013 collection — America’s most important runway show each season — and with it, his brand-new nail polish line. This, Wall Street Journal reporter Elizabeth Holmes Instagramed, is the shade used in the show. It’s called “Shiny,” which, the nail technician told her, is Marc’s favorite color. (Yes, it’s just plain nail enamel, but Marc Jacobs is a famous designer, which means he can’t make nail polish with such mundane taxonomy.)
2. See these naked — NAIL ART-LESS — nails?
This can only mean one thing: Marc Jacobs just killed nail art. Because if only one show in New York matters, if only one show has the power to dictate how every other American designer will design their next collections, if only one man has the sheer balls to so forcefully return nails to their natural state — rejecting caviar appliqués, claws, astroturf, printed stickers — it’s Marc Jacobs.
Well, it was fun while it lasted!
- H.R. McMaster was due to retire from the Army. Now he holds what could become one of the most powerful positions in Washington.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- Chris Brown was ordered to stay away from his ex-girlfriend after he allegedly threatened to shoot and kill her, court documents show.
- A 2-year-old boy lost a race at school after he spotted his dad and ran to hug him instead of crossing the finish line 👦💨💞