The labels people seem to get most excited about at fashion week these days are the ones that recognize the event has become much more a marketing opportunity than a trade show for the industry. Moncler is one of those labels that is perfectly comfortable being a little wacky and out there in order to be remembered. Nor do they seem to expect to be remembered just by their clothes (puffy coats, vests, other functional skiwear that I’ve been told is deliciously warm — if only it was more affordable). So when Moncler is showing at the end of a long Saturday of fashion shows, and the dirty snow is piled up by a foot or more just about everywhere, making getting around without a hired driver (the key to making weather-inappropriate dressing possible at fashion week) kind of a groan, you get off your couch and put on your ugly rubber shoes and leave Bravo and your wine behind because you know Moncler is going to do something that’s much more entertaining than a botoxed person slapping another botoxed person in the face.
For the fall 2013 presentation, that meant Moncler hired 370 models to stand in concentric circular steps, raised above an audience that looked up to regard the clothes and the reflection of those clothes beaming down from the mirrored ceiling. Add goggle-like reflective shades to each of those models, and you have a sort of futuristic Daft Punk olive green-hued wonderland, complete with flashing lights set to a remix of the Star Wars theme song.
All this for puffy coats? Well WHY NOT?
The other thing I really liked about this show is that the models looked like real people instead of children you wanted to collect peanut butter donations for.
7. Moncler made their own video of the human forest rave.
Which I provide for you in the off chance that you’re some kind of exceedingly rare internet-perusing person who has an attention span of longer than a few seconds.
- The FBI is investigating after 11 Jewish community centers across the United States received bomb threats on Monday.
- Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new National Security Adviser, replacing Michael Flynn, who resigned last week.
- Milo Yiannopoulos's book has been canceled after he was accused of defending pedophilia.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎