1. Before you pass this video off as boring, just give it a chance. Does it remind you of anything?
This is a preview of eBay’s new look, as presented by fashion people. Because, you know, yay shopping!
2. Maybe it reminds you of, oh, this other big ass site called PINTEREST.
3. Here’s what my eBay page looks like when I login.
I get a bunch of Philip Lim stuff, I guess because I searched that last time I was on eBay some months ago.
4. When I search for other things, like “Givenchy,” eBay gives me the option of “following” them.
5. Follow a few things, and this is what your page will look like.
Instead of boards, eBay labels them “Interests” – which is one letter away from…
The sexy Pinterest-esque redesign may make sense for eBay since users spend a lot of time on the site. As of February, Pinners were spending more time on Pinterest on average per month than Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ combined, and eBay might want the redesign to encourage users to approach the site similarly obsessively. Pinners who use the site as a portal to buy stuff on other retail sites also spend more — $168.83 on average — than Facebook ($94.70) or Twitter ($70.84), making its appeal to retailers obvious. And eBay is basically the biggest consignment shop in the world. Besides, the old eBay looked pretty janky.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Rick Perry, who famously wanted to abolish the Energy Department, said at his confirmation hearing to lead the Energy Department he now rejects "recommending its elimination."
- Vladimir Putin has used KGB tactics to seize on a rift between the US and Turkey, an effort to expand Russia's influence and divide NATO.
- Been wondering why your friends now look like weird glamorous cartoons? That's thanks to Chinese selfie app Meitu. Say cheese 📸