1. Before you pass this video off as boring, just give it a chance. Does it remind you of anything?
This is a preview of eBay’s new look, as presented by fashion people. Because, you know, yay shopping!
2. Maybe it reminds you of, oh, this other big ass site called PINTEREST.
3. Here’s what my eBay page looks like when I login.
I get a bunch of Philip Lim stuff, I guess because I searched that last time I was on eBay some months ago.
4. When I search for other things, like “Givenchy,” eBay gives me the option of “following” them.
5. Follow a few things, and this is what your page will look like.
Instead of boards, eBay labels them “Interests” – which is one letter away from…
The sexy Pinterest-esque redesign may make sense for eBay since users spend a lot of time on the site. As of February, Pinners were spending more time on Pinterest on average per month than Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ combined, and eBay might want the redesign to encourage users to approach the site similarly obsessively. Pinners who use the site as a portal to buy stuff on other retail sites also spend more — $168.83 on average — than Facebook ($94.70) or Twitter ($70.84), making its appeal to retailers obvious. And eBay is basically the biggest consignment shop in the world. Besides, the old eBay looked pretty janky.
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- At least 59 people were killed in an overnight militant attack at a police center in Quetta, Pakistani officials say.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏