2. Lady Gaga opened the show.
She wore the famous “Armadillo” shoes by the late Alexander McQueen and a full-body cape of hot pink mesh.
3. She then took a seat in the audience wearing a headpiece by Treacy.
Her clothes were by McQueen. McQueen and Treacy were friends and collaborators.
4. Even Gaga’s insane headpiece couldn’t steal attention from the runway.
And that says a lot about the spectacle on the runway, since Gaga is nothing if not a living spectacle.
5. Models experimented with Michael Jackson’s signature moves.
6. This glittery glove and cascade of black leaves are a tribute to Jackson and Isabella Blow.
Blow was a famous British fashion eccentric, editor, and friend of Treacy and McQueen.
7. The witty hats marched on.
8. Some were literal.
9. Some were shiny!
12. Some were both.
14. This one turned on.
15. Some were just plain huge.
16. A couple came with built-in caftans.
18. Some you really had to see from the side.
21. Others were geometric masterpieces.
23. This is the best eyepatch ever made.
24. This is the best turtleneck ever made.
25. Some headpieces defied categorization.
28. Others looked like the best new way to invest in gold.
Beats hiding cash in your mattress.
31. Bonnets on steroids.
33. The mask you wish you had for Halloween:
34. And the crown you wish you had for everyday:
- The Democratic National Committee on Monday apologized for remarks sent over email criticizing the Bernie Sanders campaign 🇺🇸
- At least 19 people died and 20 others were injured in a knife attack at a facility for the disabled near Tokyo, Japan.
- The Solar Impulse 2 completed its first round-the-world flight after landing in Abu Dhabi ☀️