2. Lady Gaga opened the show.
She wore the famous “Armadillo” shoes by the late Alexander McQueen and a full-body cape of hot pink mesh.
3. She then took a seat in the audience wearing a headpiece by Treacy.
Her clothes were by McQueen. McQueen and Treacy were friends and collaborators.
4. Even Gaga’s insane headpiece couldn’t steal attention from the runway.
And that says a lot about the spectacle on the runway, since Gaga is nothing if not a living spectacle.
5. Models experimented with Michael Jackson’s signature moves.
6. This glittery glove and cascade of black leaves are a tribute to Jackson and Isabella Blow.
Blow was a famous British fashion eccentric, editor, and friend of Treacy and McQueen.
7. The witty hats marched on.
8. Some were literal.
9. Some were shiny!
12. Some were both.
14. This one turned on.
15. Some were just plain huge.
16. A couple came with built-in caftans.
18. Some you really had to see from the side.
21. Others were geometric masterpieces.
23. This is the best eyepatch ever made.
24. This is the best turtleneck ever made.
25. Some headpieces defied categorization.
28. Others looked like the best new way to invest in gold.
Beats hiding cash in your mattress.
31. Bonnets on steroids.
33. The mask you wish you had for Halloween:
34. And the crown you wish you had for everyday:
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳
- Uber's CEO met with more than 100 female engineers on Thursday to discuss sexism and harassment allegations at the company.
- Beyoncé is backing out of Coachella under doctors' advice. But she plans to headline the festival again in 2018 😭🐝