People Are Sharing The Things They Wish Society Would Stop Forcing On Us, And I'm Here For It 100%
Please stop telling people to turn their hobbies into side hustles.
Here's what people said:
1. "The idea of hobbies becoming 'side hustles.' Why can't a hobby just be a hobby?"
2. "Junk mail."
3. "Subscription-based services. Everybody wants your money now on a monthly schedule."
4. "Ads. The ad bombardment is reaching a truly infuriating level, to the point where I purposefully do everything possible to ignore them."
6. "Having to constantly be busy and only have two days to recover from it."
7. "Beauty standards for men and women that are pushed onto 7–15-year-olds."
8. "That we have to be available at all times because of our phones. For example, I put 'Do Not Disturb' on each night as I value my private time. I’ll wake up to 20 texts, updates, at least two if not three phone calls and voicemails."
9. "Microtransactions. It was annoying when it began with video games, but now it's starting to make its way into everything."
10. "The idea that a person can never constructively criticize a social/political movement for its inherent flaws, even if it is 'good' in nature."
11. "Everyone assumes you want to have kids. And if you don’t, everyone has a lot of questions and they start judging and try to change your mind."
12. "The expectation for men to hold back their feelings for the sake of image."
14. "That a university degree is the only way to be 'successful.'"
15. "The concept that you aren’t valid or normal for not enjoying/liking sex or romance at all or as much as other people."
16. "The idea that people should have their shit together and their life planned out by the age of 20."
18. "That because they're family, you have to love them."
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.