1. He-Man and She-Ra
You had the power to pick up the phone and dial the most cash-grubbing cartoon characters of the ’80s.
2. Freddy Krueger
What’s wrong, Lori? Miss your wake-up call from 1-900-909-FRED?
If Freddy wasn’t enough to give you nightmares, there was also Creep Phone.
3. DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince
Parents just don’t understand why you’d pay $2 for the first minute and 35 cents for each additional minute.
4. New Kids On The Block
You could hang tough with your favorite boy band 24/7.
5. Paula Abdul
A straight-up way to your parents’ wallets.
Heaven isn’t too far away when you can hear a new message from this hair band every single day.
7. Grandpa Munster
That’s one way to suck the blood out of your piggy bank.
8. Santa Claus
Saint Nick operated quite a few hotlines, including one that donated to the Special Olympics.
The only present he ever left you was an astronomical charge on your parents’ phone bill.
Here’s another where he rapped, yo.
9. “Little Monsters”
At least you could only dial M for Monster a maximum of three times per week.
10. MC Hammer
One thing U Can Touch is your phone to dial in for some Hammer time.
Did Coco ask her parents before calling?
Children behave… and get your parents’ permission first.
13. Debbie Gibson
If you ever thought you’d actually talk to Debbie, it was only in your dreams.
I wanna rock and roll all night and call you every day.
Your lifeline after spending an hour in the Level 7 dungeon of The Legend of Zelda. It was game over when your parents found out you called.
- The FBI will reopen its investigation into Hillary Clinton's private email server after discovering new emails.
- Former employees of Palantir, one of Silicon Valley's most valuable startups, are struggling to cash out of stock options 📉
- Russia has been blocked from serving on the UN Human Rights Council in a surprising vote.
- Here are some of the best Vines to watch before Twitter kills it 💀