30 Things Your Home Will Greatly Appreciate
With some stylish decor, a few effective cleaning products, and a sprinkle of useful tech gadgets... you've got yourself a much homier, happier space.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A SimpliSafe home monitoring system that allows you to customize security for your home (because everyone has different needs, ya know?). You can choose from various bundles or just pick out specific devices you want. And while you can monitor everything yourself through the app, there's also an option to have professional monitoring, too. You'll definitely feel extra safe with this!
"I just bought and moved into a new house, and I had never had a home monitoring system before. I spent quite a few hours researching the best companies, and SimpliSafe came up time and time again. I ended up going with them and let me tell ya, ZERO regrets!!! They make everything so easy, whether it's having the system installed by a professional (I went that route) or doing it yourself. You have 100% control deciding how much you want to do and how much you want covered. They offer so many cool devices to choose from if you want to build your own system (and you can always consult their home system professionals if you want help deciding!), like video doorbells, motion sensors for entire rooms, entry sensors, water sensors, and literally so many more. As for the devices themselves, they are designed to detect heat signatures of humans, so you won't have to worry about your furry friends triggering the alarm. Cannot recommend SimpliSafe enough!" —Kayla
2. A six-port outlet designed to swivel side to side, not only making it easier for you to plug in things in tight spaces, but making it possible to actually push your furniture against the wall. Annoying gap be gone!
This even has two USB ports. I love to see it!
Promising review: "Where has this thing has been my whole life...?! I've struggled with plugging and unplugging my phone charger and lamp behind my bed for the longest time. My poor husband didn't even get an outlet — he had to charge his phone across the bedroom. This device has been super convenient because now he and I can simply plug our charging cables into the usb outlets along the top of the plug. This completely eliminates having to bother plugging the block up at all. Then, the outlets themselves twist to the sides instead of straight out like a normal outlet. I've got a whole side dedicated for what I need plugged in — a lamp and now a white-noise machine. The other side twists to the right, so my husband can plug in whatever he needs. No more cables getting smooshed and bent...no more struggling to plug something in behind the bed... Well done and thanks for making such a smart product! Very convenient." —Amazonaholic
Get it from Amazon for $18.93.
3. A wireless library light you can control by remote. It'll look luxurious as heck and there'll be no bulky wires ruining your home's aesthetic.
This uses three AAA batteries and includes a remote that lets you set the light to different brightnesses and schedule a timer for 15, 30, 60, or 120 minutes.
Promising review: "For the price you can’t beat it. Super easy to install and lightweight. The gold had a slight orange tint to it, so be mindful of that. I actually just taped over the light and spray-painted ours with gold spray paint I had left over and then they were absolutely perfect." —Paris Seder
Get it from Amazon for $36.99+ (available in three colors).
4. A set of linen organizers that'll have your closets looking like Marie Kondo set them up personally. These organizers actually break apart and fold down too, so storage will be a breeze when they aren't in use.
"These are one of those, 'why didn't I buy this sooner?' type of purchases. These have totally transformed my linen closet — so much so that I feel more powerful just opening my closet. They are *super* sturdy, which I appreciate because a lot of these types of organizers can feel flimsy. Not these! Even adding a few in your closet will save it from a toppled sheet takeover." —Kayla Suazo
Great Useful Stuff is a small business selling truly useful goods your life will benefit from owning!
Get one from Great Useful Stuff starting at $25 (available in three sizes and two colors).
5. Battery-operated, motion sensing night lights you can put anywhere in your home: stairways, dark hallways, bathrooms, that one kitchen corner that gets zero light...you get the point.
These little lights are AA battery-operated (not included, but you can grab some here), weatherproof feature, a 30-second auto shutoff, activate from 15 feet away, and can be stuck anywhere (just grab some Command strips!).
Promising review: "We have a short set of steps from the house into the attached garage that have always been dark and a little hard to see clearly in certain situations. These lights have been a perfect solution. They activate quite well and at a good distance, and put out a really nice amount of light. They also seem well made. I mounted one with the adhesive strip, and one with the screws (both included) and they are equally secure. They couldn't be easier to install and use right away. My whole family appreciates them." —foradrive
Get it from Amazon for $10.94
6. A leather restoring polish to have your home feeling brand-new with all the shiny, restored things laying around. It can be used on everything from furniture to bags and shoes!
Promising reviews: "This stuff works GREAT! I’m furnishing a large home and was able to get a free leather couch set, but it was badly sun-bleached. This product made the set look like night and day (see close up). It took an entire jar to do my queen sized couch which was front, back, sides, and all cushions. The application is very easy and it dries rather quickly." —nitadj
"Have a very large, super comfy square leather chair that was over 20 years in age. Had faded, had scratches, and we almost gave it away. Then I found this product and finally got the time to use it. OMG... When I applied the restorer color the chair leather just 'sucked it up' and now looks completely new. My husband is astonished and he keeps going to look at it. Have not used the final sealer yet but if that had not come with the other products I would never have known I needed it. Second day after the first color application I had to touch up a few areas but overall it was covered and the liquid was gone. Seeped into the leather like it was never applied in the first place. There is no flaking at all." —Kevin A
Get it from Amazon for $15.95 (available in 19 colors).
7. A customizable chore chart that's technically for kids, but is a great way for adults (aka you) to hold themselves accountable with small tasks throughout the day. Plus, moving the little toggle to complete feels great no matter how old you are.
Useful Makes is a Maryland-based Etsy shop established in 2021 that specializes in 3D-printed goods for homes and hobbies.
Promising review: "My expectations were exceeded with this item. I added some custom chores and you went above and beyond to add not only the chore but a picture to coordinate that was exactly what we meant. These are amazing, as sticker charts get old and you have to keep recreating. I will definitely order again as the kids get older and chores change!!!" —dberes71
8. A vacuum hose attachment made specifically to clean your dryer vent. Even if you clean it yourself fairly often, you'd be surprised with how much this suction will pick up. And FYI, keeping the vent clear decreases the risk of dryer fires!
Promising review: "Honestly, we are speechless! We are excellent about cleaning the lint trap after every load of clothes. We even clean the lint vent outside. But nothing could have prepared us for the amount of lint and gunk trapped in the vent tubing! How we have never had a fire, we have no idea. We vacuumed forever all the way up the vent tube, which we could have in no way done without this item. The suction power was unbelievable! We could not believe how bad the tubing was clogged. Just look at the picture. We removed about three-quarters of a kitchen garbage bag size of lint and gunk! It was amazing and embarrassing! It’s SO inexpensive, but it could literally save you from a house fire! Anyway, just buy it. Excellent value! You won’t be sorry!" —Brian Mattix/Elizabeth Bodnam
Get it from Amazon for $9.95+ (available in six colors).
9. A mattress you can customize to your liking. Or to your loving, because to be honest, you won't ever want to leave your bed! You get to choose your firmness level, fabric, coil layer, and comfort layer. And if you're going for a king size mattress, you can customize EACH SIDE of the bed. This is truly what ~dreams~ are made of!
"I just got my first king mattress :'), and I am so happy I went with Brooklyn Bedding. First off, I felt like I was building my own pizza as I was creating my ideal mattress. The customization choices feel really personal, and each choice has a ton of information so you can pick coil and comfort layer that makes sense for you. I didn't know what TitanFlex was before this, but now I sure do! I was worried that because this was a custom mattress it would take forever to ship, and I can happily say I was very wrong. Brooklyn Bedding is amazing with their processing times, so you can soon be on your way to the best sleep ever.
And speaking of, oh my sweet goodness, this mattress's comfort level is everything and more. The fabric is SO soft, I don't even think I need a sheet (I use one, yes, but it's seriously softer than my softest sheets). I selected medium firmness and I ~firmly~ believe it's the perfect mid-level firmness. I jokingly call my bed the 5-star hotel bed now because it's a true oasis for me. If this is what sleeping on a cloud feels like, I want to sleep on this mattress forever!" —Kayla
Get a custom mattress from Brooklyn Bedding starting at $1,311.75 (originally $1,749; available in sizes queen—California king).
10. Garage magnets, because this awesome transformation is just too easy to ignore. Just stick it on the door and voilà!
11. A cat perch with two places for your fur babies to sit and judge from afar. This tree features scratching posts, a fluffy hanging ball toy, and woven bowl-shaped beds with super soft cushioning inside.
Promising review: "I’m so in love with this cat lounger. It has exceeded my expectations. The quality of materials makes this lounger worth every penny. The base and the cushions are so soft and luxurious; I’m very jealous. The wicker basket and rope towers are also well built and it took a few twists of the wrist to put it together. It’s nice to finally have a cat lounger that blends so nicely with our decor. It’s so unique." —Karrie R
Get it from Amazon for $109.99 (available in two sizes).
12. A sherpa office chair because no home office is complete without a comfy AND stylish place to sit. This one hits every mark!
Promising reviews: "Really cute and looks just as pictured. Deep seat with high armrests make it really comfy to sit in throughout the workday." —Emily
"Absolutely love this chair. Easiest assembly possible: you simple just drop the chair portion onto the wheels and support. So comfy and so cute! I can’t have anyone come into my room without shamelessly having to try it out, and it soon becoming their favorite chair. The quality really is unmatched and it might be my favorite Amazon purchase ever." —Claire
Get it from Amazon for $179.52.
13. Brick whitewash paint to turn your old and dusty fireplace into something brand-new. It's perfect if you're itching for a modern farmhouse look without a modern farmhouse budget.
Promising review: "This is amazing!!!!! It looks like a different fireplace. I have been looking at a horrible grout repair that the previous owners did for 20 years. I did this in about two hours!!!!!! This product is fast, it's easy to use, easy to clean up, and inexpensive." —Denise
Get a pint from Amazon for $24.95.
14. A Roman candle collection so stunning, you probably won't ever want to burn them. People can easily mistake these candles as real statue decor, and I can't blame them one bit.
Each set includes two column candles and Roman statue head candle.
Anaïs Candle is a small business based in New York City. In addition to selling chic home decor trinkets and jewelry, they also create gorgeous, handcrafted candles that are each made with cosmetic-grade all-natural beeswax and soy wax.
Get the candle collection from Anaïs Candle for $132 (originally $165).
15. A bottle of Folex spot remover that'll make even the toughest of stains disappear from furniture, carpets, and other fabric surfaces. (And yes, that includes red wine stains, don't worry.)
Be sure to check out our full write-up on this Folex stain remover!
Promising review: "So my dog got into my makeup bag and got ahold of some liquid lipstick and, needless to say, I flipped out to see my carpets neon orange. It took about an hour and two rolls of paper towels but holy moly! WOW did this stuff work! My mother recommended it to me after using it on minor stains at her house and I'm so glad I got it. Definitely worth the money and it really does disappear right before your eyes like the bottle says!" —Jen
"I bought this after reading one of those BuzzFeed lists of like '27 products reviewers swear by' or whatever. The reviews and before/after pics had me curious, but still skeptical. I used it a few times on random stains around the house and it really does just make them disappear instantly! But all of those were new stains that hadn’t set yet. I finally decided to try it on my car seats that have been stained for years and I’m amazed at the difference! You can still see some remnants of the stains but that’s my fault for not having enough dry towels. If you follow the directions on the bottle you will not be disappointed!" —LMK32294
Get it from Amazon for $10.79.
16. Faux pampas grass to give your home a modern yet natural feel. These gorgeous stems have been all over TikTok and Instagram for being an easy way to elevate any space. Just toss them in a tall vase and you're done!
Promising reviews: "Loved this faux pampas, such good quality. The best thing is it doesn’t shed like real pampas. I highly recommend this product, it’s so on trend and makes for beautiful statement and decor." —jazG
"I love love love these pampas! I was skeptical when I first bought them because I figured nice-looking pampas for this price would be a complete sham. I was proven wrong because they look/feel amazing. Not one person comes over without saying something about these pampas!" —Talhia R.
Get three large stems from Amazon for $30.97 (available in eight colors).
17. A rubber broom that'll easily sweep up the pet hair embedded in your carpet. This tool will grab hair you didn't even realize was there!
It also has 67,000+ positive reviews on Amazon!
Promising review: "I bought this broom two years ago and it is still going strong! I have four large dogs and we have fur EVERYWHERE! This works so, so well! I am always amazed at what this picks up even after I just ran the vacuum. If you remove the head from the handle you can use the head to do in all the crevices along baseboards where fur gets trapped on the carpets. I also use it that way to do the carpet corners on the stairs. Lastly, I use it to get dust and cobwebs off the floors and ceilings. It truly is a super tool." —Roseann
Get it from Amazon for $12.97.
18. A flameless candle set for an extra cozy ambience at home. When you've already got your vanilla candles going, these are perfect to keep the mood without clashing scents (and it's not a fire hazard — woo!).
Promising review: "These are absolutely gorgeous, both when lit and turned off. The glass is beautiful. The flames actually look real and even have a slight crackling sound. These are the best faux candles I’ve ever purchased. Highly recommend." —Sarah
Get a set of three from Amazon for $23.99+ (available in six colors).
19. A doormat to let everyone know what to expect when entering your home: cozy vibes and good times. Plus, you're bound to get tons of compliments!
Home Maven is a woman-owned small business based in Tampa, FL, making tons of custom and catchy doormats.
Promising review: "Beautiful rug! It came quickly and is absolutely gorgeous! It doesn’t shed too much and looks very durable!" —coliver102
20. A string light curtain for when you want to bring the starry night sky inside your home. These curtain lights have eight different modes (twinkle, flash, fade, etc.) and can work both in and outdoors. They'll add the perfect ambience and make evening Instagram shoots a thing.
Promising reviews: "I’m so happy with these lights! It took a few minutes to get them unraveled, but using zip ties to hang them made it quick and easy. My house feels so cozy now, just in time for the long winter season." —G.S.
"These are so stunning I may just leave them up all year! I bought three strands and would honestly buy more if i needed them. I tested the waterproofing and they are definitely waterproof! I love all the different settings and the way they make my patio look... Both my mom and sister asked where I bought these lights so YES I would definitely refer these to others. You won’t be disappointed." —Brooklyn
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
21. Attachable drawers perfect for organizing fruit, cheese, eggs, and other produce in the fridge. And having a go-to spot in the fridge will feel *a lot* less overwhelming when looking for dinner.
Promising reviews: "I bought a new refrigerator and it doesn’t have any kinds of drawers with the exception of the bottom. These additional drawers make my refrigerator 100% more functional. They are easy to install and worked like a dream!" —Ash Antonelli
"Great if you need storage for your fridge. Great for things like cheese and hot dogs. I hated how cluttered everything looked and these made things so organized. Small but fits a decent amount. One can hold three packs of bacon." —Boy Mom
Get a set of two from Amazon for $34.99 (also available in an egg drawer).
22. A water-based, alkaline wood cleaner to restore your furniture, kitchen cabinets, or the cool vintage coffee table you found at a flea market. It's like getting all new things without the expensive price tag.
This cleaner foams and removes built-up residue such as dirt, oily films, and dried spills. It also has over 1,000 positive reviews on Amazon!
Promising review: "This stuff works AWESOME! If you have any of the white water marks, GONE with this stuff. Any black spots, GONE with this stuff. Removes build up from other products. Leaves a CLEAN, refreshed wood product. I use this on ALL my antiques, and I have not had ANY problems with this. Just great results. I wish I had found this sooner" —AaronDr
Get it from Amazon for $12.48.
23. Shower curtain rings with two separate hangers, making it *much* easier to hang your curtain and liners up, and saving you time when it's time to clean them, too.
Promising review: "This is one of those items you didn’t know you needed, and once you get it you can’t help but wonder you ever managed before. I absolutely hate taking the shower curtains off because of the whole open and close for multiple shower curtains. BuzzFeed made a list of must-have items, and when I saw these I was like YES!...I know you’re like, ‘It’s just shower curtain hooks.’ And it is. But when you have to change out the shower liner, and you dread doing so, this just adds seconds to your life. Now, no more unsnapping!" —Nardsbaby
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (available in five finishes).
24. A stainless-steel rainfall shower head that'll transform your bathroom in the best way. Who said you can't have bougie, spa-level showers every day?
Promising review: "This is a beautiful showerhead, very thin, but feels quite sturdy and heavy. Installation took no more than five minutes. The showerhead has a very smooth, highly polished, mirrorlike chrome finish. It gives a satisfying showering experience without wasting too much water. Absolutely no leaks whatsoever. Everybody in our family said they liked it. What else is there to say about a showerhead?" —Sadda Reddy
Get it from Amazon for $45.89+ (available in three sizes and two finishes).