We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bottle of Folex spot remover that'll make even the toughest of stains disappear from furniture, carpets, and other fabric surfaces. (And yes, that includes red wine stains, don't worry.)
Be sure to check out our full write-up on this Folex stain remover!
Promising reviews: "So my dog got into my makeup bag and got ahold of some liquid lipstick and, needless to say, I flipped out to see my carpets neon orange. It took about an hour and two rolls of paper towels but holy moly! WOW did this stuff work! My mother recommended it to me after using it on minor stains at her house and I'm so glad I got it. Definitely worth the money and it really does disappear right before your eyes like the bottle says!" —Jen
"The reviews and before/after pics had me curious, but still skeptical. I used it a few times on random stains around the house and it really does just make them disappear instantly! But all of those were new stains that hadn’t set yet. I finally decided to try it on my car seats that have been stained for years and I’m amazed at the difference! You can still see some remnants of the stains but that’s my fault for not having enough dry towels. If you follow the directions on the bottle you will not be disappointed!" —LMK32294
Get it from Amazon for $12.85+ (available in two sizes and various multi-packs).
2. A jar of the bestselling Pink Stuff for those hard-to-get stains, dirt, and rust spots around the house. It works for everything from bathtubs and stove tops to tennis shoes and crayon-covered walls.
Promising review: "I had tried everything to get the hardware stains off my shower. CLR, metal scrubbing pads, vinegar, and many other things. I thought I'd end up having to replace all the faucets, knows, etc. I saw this in a BuzzFeed article and thought, no way it's THAT good... It's that good. It's better than good. It's wild how good it is. My shower looks better than new. It took rust stains off tile. It took years of hard-water scale buildup off in seconds. It is literally a miracle product." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
3. A hairbrush cleaning tool perfectly designed to get every piece of dust, hair, and dander build up out of those bristles. *Immediately adds to cart*
The pointed end of the tool is ideal for picking out tangles, the stiff bristles work great at removing dust and dirt, and the bristles at the bottom end of the tool can give your hairbrush a deep clean.
Promising review: "When I bought this I was really skeptical. I am grossed out by my hairbrush and clean it all the time. I've soaked it in vinegar and tea tree oil, used a toothbrush, scrubbed it with shampoo, picked it clean by hand — everything you can think of. Still, it's so hard to get the little lint that forms at the base of the brush — they don't dissolve off and you have to pick them off the bristles one by one because a toothbrush won't even break them up. This thing works amazingly. I don't know why, it just does — the particular texture of the bristles on this really grabs everything. It scraped the little lint rings right off and now my brush is cleaner, 10 times as fast." —HeartsofHavoc
Get it from Amazon for $10.95.
4. A Bissell Pet Stain Eraser — a portable carpet cleaning power brush that's *super* convenient and very easy to use! Seriously, it's like a one and done scenario with this thing. It can be used for pet stains, baby stains, wine stains (yay!), and because it's cordless, you can use it to clean your car, too.
I tried the Pet Stain Eraser for the first time when my cat had a nasty incident on my white (!!) carpet, and within seconds — literally seconds — the stain, the gunk, and the smell were disappearing. My partner returned to the room and couldn't tell where the stain had been at all. And another huge bonus is the compact size. I live in a small apartment with limited storage space, so the fact the something handheld can be so powerful is awesome. Highly highly recommend for any pet household!
Promising review: "Love! A must for pet owners! It’s light and easy to take wherever you want. Especially when I was going room to room cleaning up spots. I cleaned carpet stains, porch cushions, and car trunk. I was very impressed how well such a small machine worked. Definitely would recommend for a portable cleaner! Also, it was easy to clean the actual machine. I don’t feel like I’m spreading grossness from place to place with a dirty machine." —Christina C.
Get it from Amazon for $133.89.
BTW, this tool comes with two small bottles of ready-to-use cleaning formula, but if you need more, grab a bigger bottle for $10.99!
5. A bottle of mold and mildew remover spray that kills the toxic mold anywhere from your bathroom tile to your outdoor patio (and all the sneaky places in between). The best part is that there's no hard work on your end. Just spray, wait 15 seconds, and watch the mold disappear!
Promising review: "I bought this RMR spray with low expectations, even with the good reviews. I sprayed a small patch in the evening and let it sit overnight. The next morning, the grout where I had sprayed was as white as if it were brand new. I decided to spray the entire wall and part of the roof. The next day everything I sprayed had no visible mold. By the third night, I was pretty much spraying everything left in the shower. This stuff is amazing." —John Werner
Get a 32-oz bottle on Amazon for $16.99 (available in two sizes and also in multi-packs).
6. A pack of bottle-cleaning tablets because soap and water is NOT enough to clean bottles and tumblers (sorry to be the bearer of bad news). These will make washing bottles much less of a hassle.
Promising review: "THESE ARE AWESOME!!! I got these and tried one out first with my coffee travel mug and it worked AMAZINGLY. I got all my other travel cups and coffee carafe lined up and used one on each, and got a big bowl for all the covers and gaskets. I left them soaking for about an hour and cleaned with warm water and soap after. Everything came out excellent and like new, with no smell... Before dumping out the solution after soaking, I could see the film of crud that had risen to the surface of the water! Gross but cool. I have used one of these to clean my coffee pot carafe a few times and it works great every time. I recommend super hot water from the tap when using these and waiting an hour." —Sage Moon
Get a 12-pack from Amazon for $8 (also available in a 36 and 78-pack).
7. And while you're at it, a bottle scrub brush for all of the glasses, cups, and thermoses you can't fit your hand into. The long handle design will ensure every inch is squeaky clean.
Best of all, it can be composted once it's time for a replacement! Just hang to dry between uses, and clean with vinegar when needed.
Me Mother Earth is a small business based in Las Vegas that makes eco-friendly housewares and cleaning products. They don't use any plastic in their shipping, and products come packed with either kraft paper or compostable peanuts.
Promising review: "Beautiful brush! It fits in a very narrow-mouthed bottle and I love that it's eco-friendly." —Sam Sasscer
Promising review: "Great brush, cleaned out the stains in my travel coffee mug instantly! So nice for reaching small and hard to reach areas of cups, flower vases, etc." —Talia Head
8. A hard water boosting powder to really clean those dishes that just don't look the same anymore. This powder will give it an extra tough clean and leave behind a pleasant fresh lemon scent.
Just add this to your pre-wash chamber with detergent. If you don't have a pre-wash chamber, don't fret. Just add 2 tablespoons to the bottom of your dishwasher!
Promising reviews: "I could not get my flatware to come out clean from the dishwasher and I wondered if it was the hard water. I was using up to three soap blocks in each load with only partial improvement. I used this the first time and voilà! Perfectly clean flatware for the first time. I LOVE this!" —Susan A
"We have ridiculously hard water...My dishes, especially my Pyrex bowls and casserole dishes were almost white from the build up. Nothing ever seemed clean. I tried this, and it’s an absolute miracle. My dishes are clean again. See the comparison in the picture [above on the right]. The bowl on the left is 'clean', it was washed without the Fibish booster. Bowl on the right was washed with. I’m totally not kidding- it completely does what it says!" —CB
Get it from Amazon for $6.12.
9. An Angry Mama microwave cleaner that'll make it waaay easier to clean your microwave (so no more excuses!). Simply add in water and vinegar, then put it in the microwave for five to eight minutes. When it's done, just wipe clean!
Promising review: "I would give this product more stars if I could. I am a busy mom and my microwave often gets pushed to the end of my never ending to do list. So much so that I would have been too embarrassed to show anyone how gross it had gotten. I finally ordered this with the hope that it would at least help make the job a little bit easier. I was AMAZED! Seriously, the hardest part of the entire experience was trying to get the little mama’s head off to fill it and that only took a minute to figure out. I followed the directions carefully and then used a sponge to wipe off the grease and food bits. My microwave looks brand new. I will probably use a microfiber cloth next time though because the sponge pushed the mess around and wasn’t needed to scrub at all... If you dread cleaning your microwave order this, I’m telling you it really does work wonders!" —MJ
Get it from Amazon for $8.39+ (available in four colors).
10. A pack of dishwasher-cleaning tablets to deep clean the thing that washes your bowls, utensils, and cookware (among other things) for you. Trust me, it needs it every once in a while!
These tablets are designed to penetrate, dissolve, and remove odor-causing residue that accumulates inside your dishwasher over time, as well as remove lime and mineral buildup. Using Affresh tablets once a month can prolong the life of your dishwasher and make it more effective at doing its job: cleaning your dishes.
Promising review: "I've seen this item on soo many BuzzFeed lists, so I figured I would try it during one of my cleaning sprees. Wow does it really work! I don't use my dishwasher often, so it often gets a little crusty looking...but I just threw one of these packets in there and ran a normal cycle and it got rid of all the yucky stuff! It's super simple to use and leaves your dishwasher fresh and clean without any leftover residue." —Christine Doan
Get a six-pack from Amazon for $8.99.
11. An all-natural, all-purpose household cleaner made with organic castile soap, distilled water, and naturally disinfecting essential oils that are effective and smell amazing. This particular cleaner just happens to be an Etsy best seller, too. Reviewers are obsessed!
Kimberly's Kupboard is a woman-owned small business based in Cabery, Illinois. They sell all-natural, handcrafted herbal household and beauty products.
Promising review: "The fresh lime citrus scent is absolutely incredible! This cleans so well and smells so fresh. I could still smell it for some time after I was done using it. This will definitely be a reorder for me!" —Bekasouth
12. A shower door cleaner to rid those hard water stains and get your glass doors back to their original clean and clear state. Remember when you could see out the shower door? Yeah, get ready for that again.
Promising review: "This product works beautifully. I tried a lot of products to remove the hard water from my glass shower. I have to admit the first time I used it with a cloth it was not very effective. The second time I used a nonabrasive sponge for glass, it turned out beautiful just like the first day the glass was installed." —EJP
Get it from Amazon for $11.65.
13. A vacuum hose attachment made specifically to clean your dryer vent. Even if you clean it yourself fairly often, you'd be surprised with how much this suction will pick up. And FYI, keeping the vent clear decreases the risk of dryer fires!
Promising review: "Honestly, we are speechless! We are excellent about cleaning the lint trap after every load of clothes. We even clean the lint vent outside. But nothing could have prepared us for the amount of lint and gunk trapped in the vent tubing! How we have never had a fire, we have no idea. We vacuumed forever all the way up the vent tube, which we could have in no way done without this item. The suction power was unbelievable! We could not believe how bad the tubing was clogged. Just look at the picture. We removed about three-quarters of a kitchen garbage bag size of lint and gunk! It was amazing and embarrassing! It’s SO inexpensive, but it could literally save you from a house fire! Anyway, just buy it. Excellent value! You won’t be sorry!" —Brian Mattix/Elizabeth Bodnam
Get it from Amazon for $11.95+ (available in two colors).
14. And while you're there, a washing machine cleaning tablet to remove build-up and odor-causing grime from the constant use.
These are safe to use with front-load washing machines and top-load washing machines, and both high efficiency and conventional machines. Recommended to use once a month!
Promising review: "I have been using bleach to clean my machine for some time, but decided to give this a try a few months ago. My very first clean with Affresh left me surprised and delighted, for not only did it clean my machine, it eliminated the nasty smell that always transferred to my clothes thanks to a build-up of mold I didn't even know about. Every month now, I toss a tablet into the drum and let it work its magic. Now, my machine is cleaner than ever, and my clothes always smell wonderfully fresh. I highly recommend this to everyone." —Kelli Crawford
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $10.18 (also available in a pack of three and five).
15. A cooktop-cleaning kit to get your electric stove top looking like new again. It comes with everything you need including the cleaning solution, a cleaning pad, and a scraper tool.
Promising review: "Works amazing! I hadn't thoroughly scrubbed my glass cooktop in years... Only wiped down with random multi cleaners which never seemed to do much. Then a friend recommended this product... AMAZING! The included scrubbers and scrapers really make the difference. As others have said it will leave your cooktop shiny and new... Even marks that had been on there for years came almost completely off... 98% better. The key is to use very little product... Let dry to a haze and wipe with a clean dry cotton towel. (Just like waxing a car). If you aren't getting a mirrored finish it's because you've used too much product and not enough elbow grease to polish off." —B. Swartwood
Get it from Amazon for $10.86.
16. Earbud cleaning putty for when the gunk literally blocks the sound coming out of your earphones. This putty sticks to the dirt and earwax inside, and pulls it right out for brand new clean feeling (and better sound quality).
Promising review: "I never usually write reviews but this is an exception. I've had my AirPods for over a year and when the sound quality was diminishing...Even after using Q-Tips to clean the AirPods out, I thought that was enough until my friend said there's stuff built up and hard to see, but there was nothing able to get it out! Enter this product — it literally took five mins to clean each ear bud effectively and instantly the sound quality was as good as new! Loud, clear, less trouble connecting to my phone, etc. I really suggest getting this product and even though they say it comes with 12 squares, you don't need a full square to clean them, so you can pull a piece off or reuse a square with a side you haven't used! SO happy I found a solution!" —Amazon Customer
Get a 12-pack on Amazon for $11.99 (also available as a 24 and 36-pack).
17. A compact wireless phone sanitizer to quickly and easily get rid of all the germs from the day. You can also use it to clean other small items like keys, sunglasses, headphones — basically anything that fits! After 10 minutes in this, 99% of the bacteria on their surfaces will be dead.
Promising review: "One of my favorite purchases this year! I used to Clorox wipe my phone all the time. Such a pain and leaves a weird residue on my phone. I love that I can put my phone in, and go wash my face. By the time I am done, so is my phone! I also clean my wallet, keys, jewelry. Pretty much anything I can that normally doesn't get cleaned. I thought it was kind of expensive at first. However, I have used it so many times, it more than makes up for the price." —DoeEyedFawn
Get it from Amazon for $69.99+ (available in six colors).
18. A wood polish and conditioner that'll restore your furniture, kitchen cabinets, or the cool vintage coffee table you found at a flea market. It's like getting all new things without the expensive price tag.
Promising review: "I bought this after reading about a million BuzzFeed articles recommending it. I wish I hadn’t waited so long, because this stuff works! It’s amazing. I have a mid-century hand-me-down dresser that is a beautiful piece of furniture, but it was covered in water stains and other marks from decades of use. One coat of this stuff on a clean rag and it’s totally refreshed! Now, it’s not going to fix places where the finish is completely worn off (you have to sand for that), but it will significantly improve the appearance of the wood. And it makes watermarks disappear. I’m glad I didn’t spend the time and money to have this refinished when a coat of this stuff has done the job just fine." —Maureen Foley
Get it from Amazon for $11.79.
19. Glisten disposer cleaner to get rid of the nasty grunge and odor-causing buildup from every part of your garbage disposal — blades and walls included! It's less work for you, and I've gotta admit, the foaming effect is pretty satisfying to watch, too.
Promising review: "This product is amazing. Every time I ran the dishwasher there was this horrible smell. So much that you could smell it throughout the apartment. I even started just hand-washing my dishes. But after about a week, the smell came back. I bought so many products to try and eliminate the smell, but after a couple of days, it would come back. Then I saw this product on BuzzFeed and thought to myself, why not? The first time I used it cleaned it out pretty well. Better than the other products. But then I used it a second time, and there was no smell. I'm going on two weeks of using my dishwasher, and I can't smell anything. I highly recommend this if you're having the same problem I was. This is by far the best kitchen cleaning product I've ever purchased." —khrystyne torres
Get a pack for four uses from Amazon for $4.25 (also available in a pack for 24 uses).
20. A grout pen that'll have your floors, countertops, and even shower tile looking brand spankin' new. The transformation will leave your home sparkling ✨
Promising review: "I was pleasantly surprised by how far these went. I did the entire floor of my large master bathroom plus a little of the shower with one pen. It is pretty forgiving and you have quite a bit of working time before it dries completely. This was not a quick task, but it went faster than I thought it would. I was worried the white would look too bright, but it just makes everything look so much cleaner. I'm very happy with this product!" —Jenelle
Get it from Amazon for $8.99+ (available in two sizes).
21. An oil stain remover because it can change a stained surface in just 72 hours 🤯. All you need to do is stir the cleaner, apply to the stain, and wait!
Recommended for use on marble, granite, limestone, travertine, slate, sandstone, grout for ceramic and porcelain tile, masonry, and concrete!
Promising review: "Had an oil stain on my untreated West Elm marble top buffet from a kids toy. I purchased the oil stain remover and crossed my fingers that it would work. Followed the directions, waited 72 hrs to let it dry completely, and then scraped it off with a credit car