Tavern on the Green opened its doors in 1934.
It was originally built as a sheepfold.
But Park Commissioner Robert Moses didn't let it look like a barn when it opened.
The restaurant became an immediate draw for locals and tourists alike.
The restaurant changed ownership several times between its opening and the 1970s. The LeRoy family acquired Tavern on the Green in the 1970s and operated the restaurant for 35 years.