If you love to cook, you know it's not as easy as throwing something into the oven and hoping it's not frozen when it comes out.
What you eat matters and you always want to become better. So, here are the top 9 pieces of advice you'll hear from any chef in the kitchen.
9. Learn to make your own stocks. It's so simple and will teach you a lot about building flavors.
8. Always scrape the bowl.
After you scrape the bowl, your friends can fight it out for the extra batter.
7. Keep your knives sharp.
6. Practice emulsions so you can enhance your food with anything from a vinaigrette to a hollandaise.
5. MORE SALT!
4. Mise en Place: Get it together before you start cooking.
3. Do not be afraid of heat.
2. Read a recipe all the way through. Really.
1. Taste your food every step of the way.
Take this advice and you're sure to get rave reviews.
And if all else fails, a little liquid courage never hurts.
More cooking tips and tricks from some of today's top chefs here.