11. In the 1960s, people started smoking banana peels in an attempt to get high.
12. A bunch of bananas is called a "hand," and an individual banana is called a "finger."
13. Banana fibers are frequently used to make ropes and tea bags.
14. Some ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs show humans with bananas.
15. The Washington Banana Museum is dedicated entirely to banana paraphernalia.
19. Twinkies were originally banana flavored.
20. A zoo in the UK stopped permitting monkeys to eat bananas because they are too sugary and can cause teeth to rot.
21. Bananas give off radiation.
22. The Banana Equivalent Dose is a unit of measurement of radiation.
23. Slipping on banana peels became a comedic staple after banana peels were deemed a threat to public safety in the late 1800s.
The idea that artificial banana flavoring doesn't taste like the bananas we eat today because it was based on a variety of bananas that was almost entirely wiped out by a fungus in the 1950s is a myth. An earlier version of this post said it was true.