Let's be honest, when you're a kid, pretty much EVERYTHING that adults do seems like the height of luxury.
And this week writer Ariel Dumas highlighted just HOW easily impressed we all were back in the day when she asked her followers, "What was the thing you thought was VERY fancy as a kid that turned out not to be?"
Here are just a few of the ~most sophisticated~ responses:
1. This home away from home:
2. This MAXI mistake:
3. This seafood feast:
4. This very fancy seasoning:
5. This party of the century:
6. This quality chocolate treat:
7. This sophisticated light source:
8. This baked good:
9. This serving option:
10. This blast from freezers past:
11. This candy-aisle temptation:
12. This undeniable truth:
13. This fashion choice:
14. This decadent dessert:
15. This meal fit for a kitty queen:
16. This one-story confusion:
17. This very adult reflection:
18. And finally, this ultimate condiment:
So, what's something you thought was F-A-N-C-Y A-F as a kid, only to realize as an adult it was B-A-S-I-C? Share yours in the comments below!