17 Super Weird Things People Have Heard Other People Say In Their Sleep
"I am the spring berry!"
So my partner talks a WHOLE BUNCH in their sleep. Some things are funny, some are random, but one of the absolute creepiest things they ever said was — out of nowhere, in the dark — "There's a raven in here...it's going to get you."
Anyway, this week when Reddit user Jhaydun_Dinan asked, "Those of you with partners who talk in their sleep; what is the creepiest/weirdest/most random thing they've said?" I realized that my partner's weirdness is pretty tame by comparison.
Here are some of the absolute WEIRDEST things people have heard their partners/roommates/siblings say in their sleep:
1. "My partner once, completely at random, yelled, 'OPEN THE WINDOW, ABIGAIL, I'M BURNING LIKE A MEATBALL!' Important note: We don't know an Abigail."
2. "Once in the middle of a dead sleep, my wife did a possessed scream/yell. It went from quiet to loud, then back to quiet in a second flat, and then she started snoring immediately after. I didn’t go back to sleep for a while."
3. "My roommate talks in their sleep almost every night and, one time, he just burst into laughter and said, 'Well, why did none of you try to chop my head off then?'"
4. "My freshmen year I lived with two guys in a dorm who BOTH talked in their sleep. One night, I woke up and one was chanting, 'I am the spring berry, I am the spring berry,' and the other just responded 'Yeah, but Chick-Fil-A said 'no' back in 2011!' They have no memory of this."
5. "It’s not something he says, but something he does: Sometimes, he'll sit straight up and gasp super loud while staring at the wall. I ask what's wrong, but he's asleep. Meanwhile, I can't go back to sleep because I'm so scared."
6. "My wife always jumps at the opportunity to tell people that I once said, 'How come you get the cool spaceships and I get the Jetsons?' while asleep, then made the Jetsons flying car sound."
7. "My ex's kid had a bed in the same room with us (he was four at the time) and one night I happened to wake up and look over at him. He rose from his bed, stared at the wall, and whispered, 'Who are you?' At this point, I was in full NOPE mode, and then he whispered, 'Don't tell them!' and flopped back in his bed."
8. "My wife once indignantly shouted, 'I can't poop here! Everyone is watching!' And I do mean SHOUTED. I was still awake playing on my iPad in bed while she slept and I about jumped out of my skin."
9. "My brother spoke English in his sleep...this is noteworthy because, at the time, we had only just adopted him from Romania three months earlier and he knew zero English. He spoke better English in his sleep than while he was awake."
10. "My wife swears up and down that one time, while she was still up reading before bed, I said: 'I see you didn't bring the bag of leaves? So now I know you're not serious.'"