1. The female protagonist, Claire Randall, is extremely strong.
2. She's also smart. Claire served as a nurse for England during World War II, which is badass.
3. She drinks (and swears) like a sailor.
4. She has this husband named Frank.
5. While vacationing in Scotland, Claire accidentally falls back in time to 1743.
6. She meets Frank's ancestor, Jack, who conveniently looks exactly like him.
7. All the old-timey Scottish men wear kilts.
8. Claire stands up for herself...
9. ...and has no issues when it comes to challenging gender roles.
10. The 1743 male protagonist, Jamie Fraser, looks like an actual god among men.
11. He is protective in the sweetest way possible.
12. And he is always there at the exact moment when Claire needs him.
13. Jamie's face is the only reason you need to watch, truly.
14. Look how perfect it looks, even when there's blood all over it.
15. There's a brawl of some sort basically every episode.
16. A touch of swordplay here and there.
17. There are some pretty ~hot~ sex scenes.
18. Sometimes Jamie says things like this to Claire:
19. And this:
20. And this....
21. To top it all off, Outlander is based one book in a series of EIGHT.
22. And finally, you have plenty of time to catch up before Season 2 starts.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!