1. Reason #1 is the most obvious: Sherlock Holmes is played flawlessly by Benedict Cumberbatch.
2. Martin Freeman's portryal of John Watson is equally perfect.
3. It is set in modern times.
4. It's actually very funny.
5. They frequently make fun of Sherlock Holmes' iconic hat.
6. The boys' relationship with Mrs. Hudson, the landlady, is outstanding.
7. As is their relationship with Greg Lestrade, the inspector.
8. Then there's Molly Hooper, the pathologist.
9. Co-creator Mark Gatiss plays Mycroft Holmes, Sherlock's older brother.
10. Andrew Scott plays Sherlock's nemisis, Jim Moriarty.
11. Sherlock has award-winning writers.
12. PLUS the scripts are very true to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's original novels.
13. The soundtrack is quite pleasant.
14. Sherlock has a crazy, large fandom...that creates entertaining things like this:
15. Likewise, there is a huge fandom that ships Sherlock and John.
16. On rare occasions, the writers give the fans presents. Like Sherlock in a sheet.
17. And introducing the crime-solving duo to alcohol.
18. The series 2 finale is so upsetting, that you should feel blessed to not have to wait 2 years to see the next episode like everyone else.
19. Each series is only three episodes long. If you haven't watched it yet, you're just lazy.
Come, join us.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!