1. The host rightly mocks it.
This is the first surprising thing: This Week is actually quite funny at times. And nowhere is Andrew Neil more disdainful than when he’s talking about the people watching it.
2. Ripping it out of Michael Portillo.
Poor #sadmanonatrain is Sancho Panza to Neil’s Don Quixote.
Don’t say it wasn’t there. Yes, there was no reason it should have been. She’s Labour, he’s a Tory. He’s gay, she’s not. It doesn’t matter. These two definitely fancied each other. A bit.
4. It sort of wants to be Blue Peter.
It’s actually quite difficult to take any guest seriously if they’re delivering their points while petting a Labrador called Molly.
5. The Show’s Twitter Account.
These are all RTs from the This Week account while the show was on last night.
@bbcthisweek has Bianca Gascoigne to comment on Ralph Miliband. How does this programme keep getting recommissioned?
Missing @HackneyAbbott on #bbctw am left focusing on Portillo’s shirt v sofa clash, in the absence of interesting dialogue. @bbcthisweek
Molly lasts 10 seconds before the crushing boredom took hold. That’s 5 seconds longer than most of us viewers @bbcthisweek #bbctw
So painful. So, so painful.
7. Ripping it out of John Bercow
Repeatedly playing this song over footage of the House of Commons Speaker. Never not funny.
Which was a little bit odd.
9. They once closed out a show by raving to Born Slippy.
For no good reason whatsoever.
And where do you drink it? In Annabel’s, obviously.
11. It’s not afraid to take the low road.
These are some of the more recent guests on This Week. Discussing politics.
12. So watch This Week, for nuanced, intelligent political debate. With a dog.
And make sure you join them on the interweb, either through Fleecebook or Twatter.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The suspect wanted for killing 39 people at an Istanbul nightclub on New Years Day has been captured, Turkish media reports.
- Women are arguing about whether people who are anti-abortion rights should participate in the upcoming Women's March.
- Umm. Over half of the population across 22 countries believe their system is failing and rigged, a new poll says 🌎🤔
- Spencer's Gifts is getting flooded with criticism for selling "Grab America By The Pussy" shirts, which many are saying normalizes sexual assault.