Into the Storm
If you want to watch an exciting movie about tornados, your best bet would be to skip Into the Storm, which opens this Friday, Aug. 8, and reach for a Twister DVD instead. Into the Storm is a found-footage take on storm chasers and storm victims that pads its destruction out with endless scenes of exposition featuring an array of boring characters, all of whom have their own not always convincing reasons to keep filming in the face of certain death by killer weather pattern.
But Into the Storm has one thing going for it.
3. There’s a tornado…
4. …that catches on fire.
5. Fire tornado!
The fire tornado also eats someone. (Isn’t that the technical term?)
7. In conclusion, viva the firenado. Long may it rage.
- Authorities removed Dakota Access pipeline protesters blocking roads and camped on private property.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀