4. “Are you just doing it cause it’s trendy?”
Nope! People who have celiac disease cannot break down gluten; it can lead to diabetes, cancer, and other serious conditions if they’re not careful.
8. “All gluten-free food is terrible.”
OK, the 90s were not a good time for gluten-free food. But there are so many amazing gluten-free products now! Chances are if you tried something, you would genuinely enjoy it. You might not even notice a difference.
10. “I tried to be gluten-free once to lose weight.”
14. “Science will probably change its mind in, like, three years, and you’ll be safe again.”
You’re right. The dozens of doctors I went to were probably all wrong, and the years of feeling sick were just a fever dream.
16. “What do you mean you can’t eat these brownies I just made? Is your diet more important?”
I STILL LOVE YOU AS A FRIEND, but my tummy does not love that flour.
18. “I’m on a gluten-free diet right now, it’s HORRIBLE. I’ll probably give up soon.”
- The men who attacked Istanbul's main airport on Tuesday, killing 44 people, were from Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan.
- During the 2014 Scottish referendum, Trump said independence would be "devastating" for Scotland. Last week he celebrated Brexit.
- A federal judge halted Mississippi's anti-LGBT religious exemption law moments before it was set to go into effect.