Unemployed young people and students are being hit with more than $9 billion in cuts so the government can get the budget back to surplus.
1. $3.7 billion will be saved by cracking down on welfare payments and making young people wait four weeks to get the dole.
2. RIP the Green Army.
3. Fewer cash incentives for employers to hire unemployed people over 25, to fund the PaTH internship program.
4. Changes to vocational education and training (VET) will save the government $25 billion over the next 10 years.
5. There will be more student loan debt.
6. The same-sex marriage plebiscite is still hanging around, but they haven't put money aside for it.
7. Fines will increase.
8. The Assets Recycling Initiative is GONE.
9. Extra staff and offices for politicians.
10. The search for MH370 continues.
11. The government has put aside $1.9 million to create an Indigenous Business Sector Strategy.
12. There have been fewer people applying for carer payments, saving $1.9 billion.
13. Nine hundred thousand dollars has been put aside to create a redress scheme for survivors of child sexual abuse.
14. There's more money to film Aquaman than for mobile blackspot funding.
15. There's no more money for nannies.
Alice Workman is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Canberra.
Contact Alice Workman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.