1. They have great minimalist things-collapsing title sequences.
2. They star stylish, handsome, successful guys who smoke with confidence…
3. …and less handsome (but still handsome) lower-ranking guys with dickish ambition…
4. …and strong, tormented career women succeeding in male-dominated fields…
5. …and a skinny British guy with receding hair and great vintage specs.
6. They have excellent period art direction, from clothes to interior design to every prop.
7. They have a beautiful era of beautiful people with SO much beautiful dramatic tension.
8. And the critics LOOOOOVE it, like “greatest in TV history” love it (just like you will).
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Congress has voted to override President Obama's veto of a bill that'd allow families of 9/11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia.
- A teenager was taken into custody Wednesday after he shot two students and one teacher at an elementary school in South Carolina.
- Jerry Springer says Donald Trump probably wouldn't be on his show because his guests are authentic and tell the truth.