1. They have great minimalist things-collapsing title sequences.
2. They star stylish, handsome, successful guys who smoke with confidence…
3. …and less handsome (but still handsome) lower-ranking guys with dickish ambition…
4. …and strong, tormented career women succeeding in male-dominated fields…
5. …and a skinny British guy with receding hair and great vintage specs.
6. They have excellent period art direction, from clothes to interior design to every prop.
7. They have a beautiful era of beautiful people with SO much beautiful dramatic tension.
8. And the critics LOOOOOVE it, like “greatest in TV history” love it (just like you will).
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Barack Obama had his final press conference as president, defending his legacy and vowing to fight Trump if the nation's "core values may be at stake."
- Donald Trump's pick for health secretary, Tom Price, refused to say at his confirmation hearing whether or not he would cut Medicare and Medicaid.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍
- "Will & Grace" will return for a 10-episode revival. Debra Messing and Eric McCormack will reprise their roles in the groundbreaking NBC sitcom 📺