When he wasn’t busy looking like he should be trying to woo Kelly Kapowski, Nick Delpopolo competed n the men’s judo event last week at the London Olympics. He finished a not great, but considering it’s the Olympics, not terrible seventh overall in his weight class. Until today, that is, when officials confirmed he’d tested positive for marijuana (11-nor-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-9-carboxylic acid specifically) and earned himself a disqualification, retroactively, from the Games.
After the IOC’s ruling, Delpopolo released a statement explaining that the result came after the “inadvertent consumption” of a drugged-up brownie he thought was just a regular square of gooey cake-like goodness. Whichever “friend” baked that batch and left it out to cool all tempting-like just before Nick left for the Games must sure be feeling guilty now. Or high. Whatever, it was probably Slater trying to make him look bad.
3. I think it’s fair to say that the Olympic Zack Morris won’t be doing this for a while.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎