When he wasn’t busy looking like he should be trying to woo Kelly Kapowski, Nick Delpopolo competed n the men’s judo event last week at the London Olympics. He finished a not great, but considering it’s the Olympics, not terrible seventh overall in his weight class. Until today, that is, when officials confirmed he’d tested positive for marijuana (11-nor-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-9-carboxylic acid specifically) and earned himself a disqualification, retroactively, from the Games.
After the IOC’s ruling, Delpopolo released a statement explaining that the result came after the “inadvertent consumption” of a drugged-up brownie he thought was just a regular square of gooey cake-like goodness. Whichever “friend” baked that batch and left it out to cool all tempting-like just before Nick left for the Games must sure be feeling guilty now. Or high. Whatever, it was probably Slater trying to make him look bad.
3. I think it’s fair to say that the Olympic Zack Morris won’t be doing this for a while.
- Fyre Festival — organized by Ja Rule and billed as a luxury event — has turned into a total shitshow and people are livid 💸😱
- We found about one false statement per day from Trump and his aides throughout the president's first 100 days in office 💯
- The new leader of Marine Le Pen's National Front party in France has stepped down amid accusations of Holocaust denial.
- Arkansas executed Kenneth Williams Thursday night — just days before one of the state's execution drugs expires.