When he wasn’t busy looking like he should be trying to woo Kelly Kapowski, Nick Delpopolo competed n the men’s judo event last week at the London Olympics. He finished a not great, but considering it’s the Olympics, not terrible seventh overall in his weight class. Until today, that is, when officials confirmed he’d tested positive for marijuana (11-nor-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-9-carboxylic acid specifically) and earned himself a disqualification, retroactively, from the Games.
After the IOC’s ruling, Delpopolo released a statement explaining that the result came after the “inadvertent consumption” of a drugged-up brownie he thought was just a regular square of gooey cake-like goodness. Whichever “friend” baked that batch and left it out to cool all tempting-like just before Nick left for the Games must sure be feeling guilty now. Or high. Whatever, it was probably Slater trying to make him look bad.
3. I think it’s fair to say that the Olympic Zack Morris won’t be doing this for a while.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- Countries from around the world have agreed that the Ross Sea in Antarctica will become the world's largest marine protected area.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀