When he wasn’t busy looking like he should be trying to woo Kelly Kapowski, Nick Delpopolo competed n the men’s judo event last week at the London Olympics. He finished a not great, but considering it’s the Olympics, not terrible seventh overall in his weight class. Until today, that is, when officials confirmed he’d tested positive for marijuana (11-nor-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-9-carboxylic acid specifically) and earned himself a disqualification, retroactively, from the Games.
After the IOC’s ruling, Delpopolo released a statement explaining that the result came after the “inadvertent consumption” of a drugged-up brownie he thought was just a regular square of gooey cake-like goodness. Whichever “friend” baked that batch and left it out to cool all tempting-like just before Nick left for the Games must sure be feeling guilty now. Or high. Whatever, it was probably Slater trying to make him look bad.
3. I think it’s fair to say that the Olympic Zack Morris won’t be doing this for a while.
- Donald Trump criticized NATO, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and the European Union in an interview published Sunday.
- BuzzFeed News spent two months mapping Trump's personal and business connections — and found more than 1,500 in all.
- Eight billionaires — all men — together own as much wealth as the world's poorest 3.7 billion people, a new report has revealed.
- There's a new HBO show called "The Young Pope" and the internet is having fun with it.