1. Stepping outside the Lindo Wing with their newborn for the first time, here’s the proud royal parents.
2. The Duchess of Cambridge is wearing a sky blue, empire-waisted Jenny Packham dress with a polka dot pattern, and her trusty Pied a Terre wedge heels.
Yes, she’s already in heels.
3. Jenny Packham gowns have served the Duchess well for many a major event, pre-pregnancy.
She remains one of Kate’s favorite designers, clearly.
(L—R: at the Royal Albert Hall for a concert celebrating the 2012 Olympics, at a charity gala in 2011, and at a Remembrance Day dinner at St. James Palace in 2011.)
5. And Jenny Packham’s brand director Blaire McColl tells Vanity Fair it’s a bespoke piece designed just for the Duchess. None for you, common folk!
Per McColl, the label is not permitted to discuss how far in advance they coordinated with the duchess on the gown—only that it is a full-on original.
6. Following a visit from her private hairdresser earlier in the afternoon, Kate’s hair shone and billowed perfectly in some well-timed light gusts of wind.
Though an immediate theme of social media conversation was that Kate looked “tired” and “emotional,” she has, in only the past day, 1) given birth to 2) a future monarch. She’s taken the “I’m wearing just enough makeup to make it look like I’m not wearing makeup” approach, and it’s working out well.
This is also just a lovely photo. (Look for it on tomorrow morning’s front pages.)
7. Prince William has also cleverly planned his outfit in complimentary shades of blue. Blue, for a boy!
8. (Baby Cambridge wore something nice under a warm knit blanket.)
9. Another shot of Baby Cambridge, just because.
- Today's the final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- Amazon's in its Prime. The company's profit rose 831% this quarter thanks to its growing cloud computing business ☁️💸
- #TBT: Old-school MTV is returning Aug. 1 with shows like "Daria," "Beavis & Butt-Head," "Cribs," and "Punk'd" 📺 🙌