21 Times Duolingo Was Too Turnt For Its Own Good
Because one moment you're translating "I like dogs" and seconds later you're translating "Someone would have found the body."
1. Duolingo appears to be a normal language platform with normal interests.
2. It always starts off nice.
3. It even feels welcoming.
4. It's wonderfully progressive and accepting.
5. But then it gets different. Things change...
6. Really different...
7. Like wtf...?
8. It gets a little too deep for a language service...
9. Don't want to think about that right now, Duolingo.
10. It just decides to be mean.
11. And starts attacking everyone.
12. And acts a little judgmental.
13. One moment, it's trying to deflect and defend itself against gendered criticism.
14. And literally seconds later, it's getting political AF.
15. Then it just loses its grip on reality altogether.
16. It's a freaking comment troll.
17. And it starts doing creepy things...
18. And gets way too attached...
19. And too personal...
20. Duolingo, you've lost the plot...
21. You're drunk. Go home.
We'll see you tomorrow, though, because we truly love you (and because we need to keep that 78-day streak alive).