1. That saying hello to strangers isn't creepy, it's friendly, and it makes everyone happier.
2. Why having three Greggs in walking distance from each other is actually completely necessary.
3. That every rant has to start with these words:
4. What it's like to feel proper proud of where you're from.
5. That paying £2.50 for a pint isn't cheap, it's completely normal – southerners are just being robbed.
Especially since you get the proper stuff up north, not that watery piss.
6. What your mum meant when she asked you to "put big light on".
7. That there is never any need to wear a jacket on a night out.
8. Peter Kay.
9. What a ~real~ seaside town looks like.
10. And what real countryside looks like too.
11. That the only ways to eat chips are with scraps, or with cheese and gravy.
12. That it's the fine rain that really soaks you through.
13. What it's like when no one's heard of your hometown, so just having to say "near Manchester" or "near Leeds" instead.
14. What a proper "Mad Friday" looks like.
15. What it's like to be brought up on the best fish and chips and the best pies in the world.
Proper food for proper people.