1. It's North America's boomtown.
2. Toronto just became bigger than Chicago.
3. It's the world's most multicultural city.
4. Toronto does post-industrial in style.
5. It even does sewage treatment in style.
6. Toronto is clean. Like, really clean.
7. It's safe. Like, really safe. Maybe too safe.
8. Toronto rappers are polite and wholesome...
...while the mayor smokes crack in the projects....
...and gets crunked in public...
... and uses foul language on the regular...
... and nobody seems to see anything wrong with this picture.
9. Toronto's street meat is superior to yours.
Put me in your mouth.
10. St. Lawrence Market is one of the best in the world.
11. Peameal (Canadian bacon) sandwiches rock.
12. Brunch is the closest thing to religion they have.
13. Toronto makes better poutine than Montreal. Yeah I said it.
14. Toronto's food scene gives any city on the planet a run for its money.
15. Indy coffee shops outnumber Starbucks by a long shot.
16. Toronto was tolerant before it was trendy.
17. Its big hometown bank never goes bust.
18. Social housing looks like this.
19. It's Canada but Torontonians party on the beach every weekend.
Okay, not EVERY weekend.
20. It gets pretty cold, but they don't seem to mind one bit.
... sometimes they mind.
21. The city has secluded islands just minutes away by ferry.
22. Kensington Market rocks...
...and needs to keep fighting gentrification for Toronto's sake.
23. There's a neighborhood for pretty much everyone.
24. They've managed to condense all of Asia into a single mall.
25. Toronto has six Chinatowns.
26. ...which is great because Torontonians are crazy for Chinese dumplings.
27. Caribana is the continent's biggest bash.
28. There's a museum dedicated to shoes.
29. The wildlife is always sharply dressed.
30. ... and helps with recycling duties.
31. The old-fashioned streetcars.
32. It's New York... in the movies.
33. There's a whole other city underneath the city.
34. (Some) Torontonians will always admit their faults (kinda)...
...like the fact that their public transport is a bit sad...
...and the fact that the government is the sole provider of booze...
... and the soul-sucking sprawl eating up the surrounding farmland.
35. But just past that mess is wine country...
36. ...and cottage country...
37. ...and some big waterfalls.
38. Jane Jacobs knew that Toronto was a great place to live...
39. ...but still too few know how cool this place really is.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!