28 Things From Barnes & Noble That Make Great Mother's Day Gifts
Mom upside down is wow, so wow her with these gifts!
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A lavender grow kit if she loves the fragrance, but doesn't have an ample green thumb. The kit takes out the guesswork by providing organic seeds, organic soil, and a growing container.
2. A little trinket tray to catch all her favorite rings and earrings, because otherwise she may lose a pair. It'll fit perfectly on her nightstand or dresser.
3. A reflective five-year journal so she can jot down thoughts, memories, or personal goals. Each page offers a different type of question, allowing her to take some time to herself to preserve life's ups and downs.
4. A rosehip bath collection, because nothing soothes the soul like a restorative bath experience. The collection features scented soap petals, body scrub, a bath bar, bath salts, body lotion and body wash.
5. Or maybe a set of bath bombs that'll leave her skin feeling smooth and luxurious. And the best part is she'll have six scents to choose from: lavender, rosehip, gardenia, hydrangea, jasmine, and lilac.
6. The best-seller Guess How Much I Love You since she used to read this to you every night as a child. It's an incredibly heartwarming way to remind her just how much you care — and of course how much she's loved.
7. A fill-in recipe journal so you can keep homemade family meals alive for generations. She'll be able to share her go-to recipes that you adore so much. Each page is divided into sections for instructions, prep time, and ingredients.
8. A fill-in-the-blank book that'll allow you to list all your favorite things about her and why you adore her so much before you gift it, allowing you to create a personalized keepsake of just how much she means.
9. A coloring book to help her keep her cool on particularly stressful days. Each page displays an inspiring quote about how important a mother's role is. And that's the truth!
10. A 16-ounce thermal mug, because you know just how much she depends on her morning cup of joe. The top slides open and closed, plus it'll actually keep her coffee warm for hours.
11. An adorable polkadot tote bag for her morning errands since you know she's a busy bee. Now she'll have a place to keep her wallet, keys, and glasses.
12. A peony and lavender three-wick candle so her bedroom smells fresh year-round. It comes with a metallic lid so it can double as decor when necessary.
13. A seven-inch Nook tablet that'll give her the freedom to read whatever she wants, whenever she wants. It grants you access to a vast eBook library with over one million titles, plus it's super lightweight, has a beautiful display, and tons of apps via GooglePlay.
14. A cookbook from the super popular Chrissy Teigen if she loves to spend time in the kitchen. She'll appreciate the endless recipes — some quick and easy and some so decadent, she'll be left with a full belly.
15. A 2019-2020 planner to help keep her busy schedule intact. It has a front pocket and color-coded monthly tabs. Trust me – she'll thank you for helping her stay organized.
16. A Crosley turntable that'll transport her back to the simpler time of vinyl records. With the deluxe version, she can control pitch or hook up a pair of headphones. She can also embrace the digital age of music and connect via Bluetooth to stream music.
17. A DVD bundle of Game of Thrones, because you love her dearly and therefore need her to be up-to-date on the most incredible show on TV (don't @ me). This set will let her binge seasons one through seven before finishing the final season (weeps).
18. Homebody by Joanna Gaines if she's obsessed with everything HGTV and Fixer Upper. It'll give her the inspo she needs for that interior design overhaul she's been talking about.
19. The A Star Is Born soundtrack so she can ~dive into~ the music over and over again. I recently got my mom the CD and it's on constant repeat in her car. Constant. Repeat.
20. A bamboo AromaPen that'll allow her to bring the healing effects of aromatherapy with her wherever she goes. When she's in need of it, all she has to do is add a few drops of the peppermint oil to the replaceable rod and let the aroma disperse.
21. A Buddha Board for any art-loving mom who wants to experiment making her own creations. The best part is that the board is always ready for her next painting. With only the use of water, her latest and greatest will dry within a few minutes, allowing for the next masterpiece.
22. An Instax Mini 9 camera so she can document family moments, birthdays, parties, and holidays over the years. It includes a selfie option, a macro lens adapter, and automatic exposure measurement. She doesn't need to be a photographer pro to work one!
23. A carryall pouch she can use for toiletries and makeup to make her morning routine smoother than ever. It's made of canvas (AKA it's super durable), so it'll take the wear and tear of daily use.
24. A pendant necklace inscribed with a quote from Maya Angelou, because when it comes down to it, your mom is your guiding light and without her you'd most likely be totally lost.
25. A set of wine chillers that'll keep a glass of white wine chilled for up to 45 minutes. They'll rest at the bottom of her glass, but won't emit any odor or taste, and won't dilute her wine!
26. Taboo for family game nights. You'll both have a good laugh as she races against the clock to have you guess the correct word on the card. In total, the game comes with over 400 double-sided cards, so she'll never get tired.
27. A Google Home Mini to become her personal assistant and answer her most pressing questions. It can play her music, provide news updates, and can control smart home devices.
28. A Smart Garden 3 indoor panter with soil and basil seeds included so she can start growing right away! The LED light provides necessary energy to thrive and the NASA-inspired soil is packed with nutrients, water, and oxygen.
We love and appreciate all that you do!
Looking for more gifts for mom? Check out the best places to buy shoes online, or practical gifts she'll really use. Also, check out the best places to order flowers online for the big day!
For more gift ideas, check out:
And check out all of BuzzFeed’s Mother's Day gift guides for even more inspiration!