4. Don’t ever go to the river at night or the Llorona will get you.
“Ayyyy, mis hijo!” La Llorona comes from an urban legend about a woman who drowned her children and now her spirit hunts for others. True or not, it’s scary as hell.
5. If you smile at a baby you better touch it or you’ll make the baby sick.
“El mal de ojo,” roughly translates to evil of the eye. So, don’t look at cute babies otherwise they’ll get high fevers. The whole situation is just illogical, but if you want the baby to be protected then you have to put some charmed jewelry on them or form some sort of egg concoction.
8. If you’re a pregnant woman and there’s an eclipse, best have a safety pin near your belly.
If they go outside without a safety pin on the abdomen the woman risks having her child born with a cleft palate.
9. If you cut a baby’s fingernails before their first birthday, the child will have impaired eyesight.
To what degree? No one knows.
10. Go outside with your luggage on New Year’s and you’ll basically travel the world.
As soon as that clock strikes 12 o’clock you better get your bags and go outside. If you do, you guarantee yourself a year with lots of traveling.
11. Don’t let anyone sweep your feet or you’ll forever be single.
If you’re single you will never get married. If you are married, well, your marriage is about to be destroyed.
13. You better lock up all your farm animals at night or El Chupacabras will slaughter them.
Actually, dingos, wolves, dogs, and many other animals will do the same.
15. If you scratch your itchy palm, money won’t come your way.
If you want the money to come your way, place a coin on your palm until the itchiness goes away.
19. When dogs howl it usually means a death is near.
But what about Huskies? They always howl.
21. If you step with your left foot first when you get out of bed, you’ll have a very unlucky day.
No one has time to think about what foot they will place on the floor first each morning.
23. Don’t have the foot of your bed point toward the door or you’ll welcome in death.
Apparently it’s a symbol of death since it is based on the saying, “Los muertos salen siempre de la casa con los pies por delante,” which translates to the dead always come out of the house feet first.
24. Don’t point at a rainbow or you’ll get a pimple on your nose.
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Police are investigating after someone destroyed Donald Trump's Hollywood Walk of Fame star with a sledgehammer early Wednesday.
- Apple has delayed shipping its new wireless Airpods headphones that were supposed to go out to iPhone 7 users this month. 🎧
- Donald Trump bashed Hillary Clinton for going to an Adele concert after critics slammed him for promoting his new hotel.